• 206(current)
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
nul7 Wrote:For anyone who builds from SVN, please give the current code a workout to let me know what shows it misses when scanning. I don't use XBMC for TV Shows and don't download any, so I have no clue what all the naming conventions and folder structures are, but I think I did ok. It will read nfo's and find posters/fanart if they already exist and put all of the data into the database. The GUI is just a list display so far... I'll try to get more done over the weekend.

Keep in mind, this is just the first iteration of the TV Show scanning code, so I'm sure there will be lots of modifications to come. I have not yet added support for video_ts or single video files with multiple episodes/seasons. Also, a question: Does XBMC support stacking of TV Show files or is that something I can leave out?

It scanned all of my TV Shows (6 series) just fine. I organize my episodes somewhat generically:

Code:
NameOfShow
S01
  S01E01 - NameOfEpisode.avi
  S01E02 - NameOfEpisode.avi
S02
NameOfNextShow

and so on and so forth.
NasaGeek Wrote:It scanned all of my TV Shows (6 series) just fine. I organize my episodes somewhat generically:

Code:
NameOfShow
S01
S02
NameOfNextShow

and so on and so forth.

Excellent... thanks for the feedback. If you have any suggestions for default filters (I didn't add any TV specific ones yet), please let me know!
_______________Ember Media Manager_______________
Website | Download | Report Issues/Feature Requests | Donate

______________Show Your Appreciation______________
Donate to XBMC | Donate to TMDB | Donate to theTVDB
Hey nul7, I'm getting a bunch of sqlite errors on compiling in windows 7 x64.

Code:
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\Microsoft.Common.targets : warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "System.Data.SQLite, Version=1.0.65.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db937bc2d44ff139, processorArchitecture=x86". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.
error BC30002: Type 'SQLite.SQLiteCommand' is not defined.
and about 50 of the bc30002 errors. I don't *really* know what i'm doing, but I do know that it worked previously for me when you were first starting out ember. I feel like I'm missing some dependencies or something... Any ideas?
sumofatguy Wrote:Hey nul7, I'm getting a bunch of sqlite errors on compiling in windows 7 x64.

Code:
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\Microsoft.Common.targets : warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "System.Data.SQLite, Version=1.0.65.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db937bc2d44ff139, processorArchitecture=x86". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.
error BC30002: Type 'SQLite.SQLiteCommand' is not defined.
and about 50 of the bc30002 errors. I don't *really* know what i'm doing, but I do know that it worked previously for me when you were first starting out ember. I feel like I'm missing some dependencies or something... Any ideas?

Do you have System.Data.SQLite.dll in the destination directory of the compliling?
olympia Wrote:Do you have System.Data.SQLite.dll in the destination directory of the compliling?

I do yes. It's updated right from source, so whatever is packaged normally with it is there.
sumofatguy Wrote:I do yes. It's updated right from source, so whatever is packaged normally with it is there.

You either need to install sqlite on your computer or change the reference in visual studio to point to the dll (Project -> Properties -> References).

nul7 Wrote:You either need to install sqlite on your computer or change the reference in visual studio to point to the dll (Project -> Properties -> References).

Thanks for the help. I'm kinda dumb, i was running it on debug. when i switched it to release it worked. Thanks!
Do any of you building from SVN have any shows that Ember doesn't pick up (aside from video_ts and multi-episode/season files of course)?

Can someone help me out with a compiled built including TV function. Anyone tried whether it reads existing NFOs from other media managers?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
steve1977 Wrote:Can someone help me out with a compiled built including TV function. Anyone tried whether it reads existing NFOs from other media managers?

I'll post a test build in the next day or two, once I get a little further with the GUI stuff. It does read existing NFOs, but unless you have a SQLite db manager you wouldn't know because the GUI doesn't display the info yet. lol

My folder structure for series looks pretty much the same as anyones:

NameofShow 1
Season 1
Season 2
NameofShow 2

But some filenames are also like this:
NameofShow.S01E01
NameofShow - S01E01

but the folder structure should be pretty much the same for anyone who is serious about working with series Smile

But man.. i cant wait for EMM to have a good working TVshows section, my current app (MIP) isnt really something i like working with.
btw.. can you try and make sure it support series with only 1 season? (like Berserk, densha-otoko etc..) series that stopped after one season.
I'm sure this has been asked before, but what is the best way to force a refresh of the Video Library?

I updated my whole collection with .nfos, fanart, thumbanils and I want XBMC to pick up these files.

I tried:

-Update on Start - this only picks up new files not existing updated ones
-Scan for New Content - picks up only new content
-Update Library - picks up only new content

I need to manually "refresh" each item one at time right now. Is there a mass refresh? The closest I found is to "Set Content to None" then readd... is there a more efficient method?

Thanks.
blaize Wrote:My folder structure for series looks pretty much the same as anyones:

NameofShow 1
Season 1
Season 2
NameofShow 2

But some filenames are also like this:
NameofShow.S01E01
NameofShow - S01E01

but the folder structure should be pretty much the same for anyone who is serious about working with series Smile

But man.. i cant wait for EMM to have a good working TVshows section, my current app (MIP) isnt really something i like working with.
btw.. can you try and make sure it support series with only 1 season? (like Berserk, densha-otoko etc..) series that stopped after one season.

It should load them already... it will just put them in "Unknown" season if there is no season marker in the file/folder name or nfo. Otherwise, it will just use whatever is in the nfo as season (as long as it's numeric). I plan to have a "Move To Season" option in the right click menu for easy management.

coolspot18 Wrote:I'm sure this has been asked before, but what is the best way to force a refresh of the Video Library?

I updated my whole collection with .nfos, fanart, thumbanils and I want XBMC to pick up these files.

I tried:

-Update on Start - this only picks up new files not existing updated ones
-Scan for New Content - picks up only new content
-Update Library - picks up only new content

I need to manually "refresh" each item one at time right now. Is there a mass refresh? The closest I found is to "Set Content to None" then readd... is there a more efficient method?

Thanks.

The "set content to none" method is the best option at this point.

Looking forward to a test build Smile
blaize Wrote:Looking forward to a test build Smile

Hopefully I'll have one out tonight. I just had to waste the last couple hours rewriting theme support to be more flexible because the old code wouldn't work how we needed it to now that TV support is being added. I have a lot of cleanup left to do for theming still, then it's just a matter of getting Ember to display the TV Show info. Once that is complete, I'll post a test build so we can get feedback on what file names/folder structures are not being detected properly.

Then, once we're sure shows are loading properly, we can move on to editing/scraping/renaming/etc....

• 206(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)24