• 229(current)
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
is there a way i can change the genre of a film with Ember? it seems to be locked off for me to 'None' when i 'edit movie' and i cant seem to find the setting to change this.

Ive also noticed that whenever I edit a film in any way (such as change a title or poster) that ember automatically removes any genre information that has been scraped. The only way I can get it back is to manually edit the NFO file.

Anyways, minor quibbles aside, this is a fantastic program. Finally inspired me to get my Library up and running after years of putting it off!
davidaq Wrote:is there a way i can change the genre of a film with Ember? it seems to be locked off for me to 'None' when i 'edit movie' and i cant seem to find the setting to change this.

Ive also noticed that whenever I edit a film in any way (such as change a title or poster) that ember automatically removes any genre information that has been scraped. The only way I can get it back is to manually edit the NFO file.

Anyways, minor quibbles aside, this is a fantastic program. Finally inspired me to get my Library up and running after years of putting it off!

Where did you download from? It sounds like you're missing the Genres.xml file.
_______________Ember Media Manager_______________
Website | Download | Report Issues/Feature Requests | Donate

______________Show Your Appreciation______________
Donate to XBMC | Donate to TMDB | Donate to theTVDB
got it from here
http://embermediamanager.googlecode.com/...LL_x64.zip

i have genres.xml file in images/genres/genres.xml.

but yeh, other than the initial scrape, or a manual edit of the .nfo file, i cant see any way to change the genre.

EDIT
hmm, i think it seems to be related to where i had my install (just sitting on the desktop)
I downloaded a new version into c:\Programs Files and the genres are now available.
Will the 1.0 release have an auto-update feature?
MindTooth Wrote:Will the 1.0 release have an auto-update feature?

In short .. yes
lol
________________Ember Media Manager________________
MindTooth Wrote:Will the 1.0 release have an auto-update feature?

Well, you have to initiate the update, but in the sense that you don't have to manually download or extract anything, yes.

EDIT: Wow, I was late to the punch on that one. lol Forgot to hit submit and hit it when I came back to the window.
_______________Ember Media Manager_______________

______________Show Your Appreciation______________
Donate to XBMC | Donate to TMDB | Donate to theTVDB
Hi, Im using this to scrape all my movies which is great, but what do you all use to do the same with TV or Music?
reddevilmeuk Wrote:Hi, Im using this to scrape all my movies which is great, but what do you all use to do the same with TV or Music?

Hopefully the same in a few hours ^^ Half day over here Big Grin 11 hours to go Wink
not sure i understand what you mean buddy?
TheShortOfIt Wrote:Hopefully the same in a few hours ^^ Half day over here Big Grin 11 hours to go Wink

Music too? :-) that would be cool
mng70 Wrote:Music too? :-) that would be cool

Guys, TV support is being built in at the moment. Music is still a way off (would be cool tho...)

Ember devs, a word of thanks and gratitude to you, you make XBMC a much more enjoyable experience. Thanks for all the hard and good work!
Hey guys, I'm really excited and eager for the release today. It's really great to have that feeling that you guys want to make Ember the best it can be. Thanks devs for all your hard work!
TheShortOfIt Wrote:Hopefully the same in a few hours ^^ Half day over here Big Grin 11 hours to go Wink

You have to wait a little more. lol
The time of releasing is based on Jason's time (CST)...
edit..
I will die.. pls give me the medics.. äh EMM.. Shocked
  • 229(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)24