• 270(current)
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
With the latest build that ember auto updates to when I try to scrape for a trailer it finds one and asks what quality I want.

However the box where I would select the quality of the trailer is blank and I can only hit cancel at this point.
EMM seems to be downloading fanart thumbs instead of the actual large fanart, any ideas?
Not saving fanart at all here..Eek
pinkthing Wrote:Not saving fanart at all here..Eek

http://embermm.com/projects/embermm/wiki...t-trailers
jons2crazy Wrote:With the latest build that ember auto updates to when I try to scrape for a trailer it finds one and asks what quality I want.

However the box where I would select the quality of the trailer is blank and I can only hit cancel at this point.

What version are you using?
There was a bug about this, but should work for now in the latest version.
EMM keeps freezing when I try and scrape for trailers only. It tells me it finds the first couple then freezes up. I even unmarked the one it was freezing on and ran again but it just froze on the next one in the list. Any thoughts? Thanks
Ok, so it's nice having the 'update library' option, but it does not scrape any info for new episodes it finds. Having to manually go to each ep to scrape info is a right pain. Or am I missing an option some place?

Nice app apart from a few short comings such as this.
Just make an "Update Library" - "TV Shows" and the source where you have the new episodes and EMM find all and add the nfo's and pic's.
b15nut Wrote:EMM keeps freezing when I try and scrape for trailers only. It tells me it finds the first couple then freezes up. I even unmarked the one it was freezing on and ran again but it just froze on the next one in the list. Any thoughts? Thanks

The new version has a lot of bugs, so I doubt it's anything you're doing or problems with specific trailers. I've just kept the previous version on my computer as well so that when problems crop up, I can revert back to that to avoid the bugs.

By the way, Ember Team, no offense meant here at all. I love the product and will patiently wait for new versions to work out the minor kinks in the new release. The addition of TV to Ember is an awesome accomplishment. Looking forward to future developments!
------------------------------------------
Dharma Quick Setup Guide:
XBMC tips on the TechNazgul Blog
------------------------------------------
myrison Wrote:The new version has a lot of bugs, so I doubt it's anything you're doing or problems with specific trailers. I've just kept the previous version on my computer as well so that when problems crop up, I can revert back to that to avoid the bugs.

By the way, Ember Team, no offense meant here at all. I love the product and will patiently wait for new versions to work out the minor kinks in the new release. The addition of TV to Ember is an awesome accomplishment. Looking forward to future developments!

LOL, I cannot see this statement any other way than an offense. Almost all bugs reported get fixed immediately in SVN and released a little bit later in a new version.

With full respect, this post as such was absolutely misleading and destructive...

We cannot fix bugs which have never been reported!
So help us making EMM better with proper bug reports! Could you please indicate those bugs you personally reported and there is still no fix available?

And if there is no such reported bug, could you please report all those what you are experiencing? Otherwise no use to be patient while waiting for those bugs to be fixed, because they won't, simply becuase we are not aware.

We only aware of these bugs:
http://embermm.com/projects/embermm/issu...acker_id=1

None of them should impact the daily use, so please let us know what are the other lot! Thank you!
Death-Axe Wrote:Ok, so it's nice having the 'update library' option, but it does not scrape any info for new episodes it finds. Having to manually go to each ep to scrape info is a right pain. Or am I missing an option some place?

Nice app apart from a few short comings such as this.

Update library is originally not for scraping, it's for scanning in new media. However for TV shows, on "Update Library" EMM will automatically add episode information for new episodes if
- the show has been already scraped once by Ember (it has downloaded info in its temp folder)
- at the time the Show was initially scraped by Ember, information for those newly added episodes was already available on tvdb.
- you haven't deleted "temp" subfolder from Ember folder, as Ember is storing there all zip files downloaded from tvdb during scraping for your Shows
MrDVD Wrote:Just make an "Update Library" - "TV Shows" and the source where you have the new episodes and EMM find all and add the nfo's and pic's.

But thats the thing; it doesn't. All it does is puts it on the list under its season folder and will not scrape the episode at all, unless the whole show is rescraped. Even more annoying as it wont let me rescrape more than one show at once.
olympia Wrote:Update library is originally not for scraping, it's for scanning in new media. However for TV shows, on "Update Library" EMM will automatically add episode information for new episodes if
- the show has been already scraped once by Ember (it has downloaded info in its temp folder)
- at the time the Show was initially scraped by Ember, information for those newly added episodes was already available on tvdb.
- you haven't deleted "temp" subfolder from Ember folder, as Ember is storing there all zip files downloaded from tvdb during scraping for your Shows

Sorry to post twice. The conditions are met, but yet; it does not. The setup though is this: ember on my laptop with windows 7. Sources as network drives;

odd thing in 7, I have to go to sources, edit a source on a shared drive, browse and the shared drives all have red crosses on them until clicked/expanded. After this cancelling it like it was never edited then shows can be scanned for new eps etc, possibly some win 7 garbage feature - hope that made sence, I can try explain it more if needed.

network drives are on an xp machine. note that sources are never actually removed.

Seems network drives are available in explorer, but are not accessable by applications unless you add a folder from a shared drive with in the app. Not usre if this is the reason for the problem or not (if anyone has a work around for the crappy shares system in win 7, let me know)
Still can't select quality for trailers. I was not able to updated and was able to and the most recent up date has left me not able to select the quality again.

olympia Wrote:What version are you using?
There was a bug about this, but should work for now in the latest version.

If i Hit updates it says none are available.
Ember Application (Revision: 2022)
Ember API (Revision: 2022)
Ember Native Movie Scrapers (Revision: 2016)
Renamer (Revision: 1987)
Frame Extractor (Revision: 1987)
Media File Manager (Revision: 1987)
Movie List Exporter (Revision: 1995)
Notifications (Revision: 1987)
Offline Media Manager (Revision: 1995)
XBMC Controller (Revision: 2021)
Death-Axe Wrote:Sorry to post twice. The conditions are met, but yet; it does not. The setup though is this: ember on my laptop with windows 7. Sources as network drives;

odd thing in 7, I have to go to sources, edit a source on a shared drive, browse and the shared drives all have red crosses on them until clicked/expanded. After this cancelling it like it was never edited then shows can be scanned for new eps etc, possibly some win 7 garbage feature - hope that made sence, I can try explain it more if needed.

network drives are on an xp machine. note that sources are never actually removed.

Seems network drives are available in explorer, but are not accessable by applications unless you add a folder from a shared drive with in the app. Not usre if this is the reason for the problem or not (if anyone has a work around for the crappy shares system in win 7, let me know)

Have you ever tried with direct UNC path in your source settings insread of mapped drives? I.e. \\yourwinxpmachine\share

But however, if Ember recognize and scan-in the new episode, it should work. Do you have the zip files in your temp folder for the respective shows?
  • 270(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)24