• 306(current)
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
Hitcher Wrote:I've looked back a few pages but didn't see it mentioned so forgive me if this has been reported before.

XBMC now requires the <duration></duration> to be in minutes only so could you change this field to be the same as the <runtime></runtime> one and use the actual video length please.

Thanks.
Next release (already in svn)
________________Ember Media Manager________________
Website | Download | Report Issues/Feature Requests | Donate
Redrocker Wrote:I recently did a new Ember install and when I try to start the program it will load the splash and says Basic Setup in progress bar then stops with the program running behind the splash. I have been working and looking around for hours trying to figure what the proplem is. The basic setup never opens. I'm running win 7 32bit. I've tried this on 2 different pc's with the same results. Help

Give full permissions to all Ember folders/file to the windows user running ember
Nuno Wrote:Next release (already in svn)

Thanks for the quick response. Wink
Hitcher Wrote:I've looked back a few pages but didn't see it mentioned so forgive me if this has been reported before.

XBMC now requires the <duration></duration> to be in minutes only so could you change this field to be the same as the <runtime></runtime> one and use the actual video length please.

Thanks.

Nuno Wrote:Next release (already in svn)

One question for movies already scraped with EMM. Will there be a way to update the nfo files after the next release without having to do a full re-scrape on every movie?
gabbott Wrote:One question for movies already scraped with EMM. Will there be a way to update the nfo files after the next release without having to do a full re-scrape on every movie?

All movies -> Auto.. -> scrape meta data only
Nuno Wrote:All movies -> Auto.. -> scrape meta data only

Thank you very much I knew it was possible but have just had a brain dead moment.:p Thanks to the OP for asking before I could.:o
Nuno Wrote:Give full permissions to all Ember folders/file to the windows user running ember

I have checked all permissions and they are fine. I've also tried different compatability settings with no success. I just can't figure out what the problem is. Here is the error log.

Title: Error
StackTrace: at System.IO.Path.CheckInvalidPathChars(String path)
at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)
at EmberAPI.AdvancedSettings.Start()
at Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain.frmMain_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
Date/Time: 6/22/2010 6:47:41 AM
===========================================================================================

Title: Error
Message: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.
StackTrace: at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection.BeginDbTransaction(IsolationLevel isolationLevel)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection.BeginTransaction()
at EmberAPI.Database.ClearNew()
Date/Time: 6/22/2010 6:47:48 AM
===========================================================================================
Redrocker Wrote:I have checked all permissions and they are fine. I've also tried different compatability settings with no success. I just can't figure out what the problem is. Here is the error log.

Open a support ticket, add all info you can (full path to ember folder, versions, OS, etc)
I was wondering...
EMM scrapes fine for me, gets me the fanart, etc.
But it does not write the info about the fanart in the .nfo.
How can I get XBMC to use those as the background image when hovering over the movie?
the icons for the movie work i think, just not the fanart
XBMC will look for <movie>-fanart.jpg and put that as the default fanart image
that was the problem.... al my fanart was <movie>.fanart.jpg
I did a mass rename and now its fine Smile
thanks a ton! Smile
For some reason the bulk renamer does not create a list. All my movies are in a m2ts or in a mkv container. They are all on a harddrive. No folders or subfolders. Ember has no problem to find them and scraping works fine too. But when it comes to renaming nothing seems to work. Whenever I open the Bulk Renamer ist show a small window that says compiling list but a list never shows up. I tried it with all my movies marked and with just a few marked. To be honest I do not know if I am making a mistake or if the Bulk Renamer is broken.

By the way. I also tried to rename using the generic renamer. It did not work either. Finally I even tried to do a manual rename for one movie. I typed in the new title but nothing happened. The movie-name was not changed at all.

If I try an automatic rename Ember gives me the following error code "Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt" and shuts down afterwards.

I am using the latest Version (1.2.2352)

Thanks for your help!

Thomas
Hi Everyone,

I have a question: In my movie database are many DVDs. I have to convert these in h.264 files (mkv) because that way I can save disk space.

Can I copy the pictures and the nfo file from the scraped DVD, that were created by Ember, or do I need to re-scrape the movies?

The problem I have is that many of these DVDs have custom titles and are in a set and I don't want to loose that information.

Thanks!
acme-badboy Wrote:Hi Everyone,

I have a question: In my movie database are many DVDs. I have to convert these in h.264 files (mkv) because that way I can save disk space.

Can I copy the pictures and the nfo file from the scraped DVD, that were created by Ember, or do I need to re-scrape the movies?

The problem I have is that many of these DVDs have custom titles and are in a set and I don't want to loose that information.

Thanks!

yes you can.. as long the file names are correct, ember will get it all
tdoll Wrote:For some reason the bulk renamer does not create a list. All my movies are in a m2ts or in a mkv container. They are all on a harddrive. No folders or subfolders. Ember has no problem to find them and scraping works fine too. But when it comes to renaming nothing seems to work. Whenever I open the Bulk Renamer ist show a small window that says compiling list but a list never shows up. I tried it with all my movies marked and with just a few marked. To be honest I do not know if I am making a mistake or if the Bulk Renamer is broken.

By the way. I also tried to rename using the generic renamer. It did not work either. Finally I even tried to do a manual rename for one movie. I typed in the new title but nothing happened. The movie-name was not changed at all.

If I try an automatic rename Ember gives me the following error code "Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt" and shuts down afterwards.

I am using the latest Version (1.2.2352)

Thanks for your help!

Thomas

Open a ticket and attach errorlog and all info need to reproduce it

thank you!
  • 306(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)24