• 310(current)
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
HI, new to EMM.... trying to get it to work for me. I have a library of 1000+ movies (IFOs), and am trying to figure out the best way to get these into XBMC.

As a test, I have created a directory with 3 movies. IN XBMC I have set this directory as a source, and scraped. So all is good in XBMC.

My assumption was that once I "connected" EMM to XBMC with the XBMC controller, EMM would show the movies with all the information that was scraped in XBMC. It does not... It only shows the 3 movie entries with nothing tagged.

Is the communication only one way, i.e. EMM can only "push" data into XBMC, but not pull?

Thanks!
WannaTheater Wrote:HI, new to EMM.... trying to get it to work for me. I have a library of 1000+ movies (IFOs), and am trying to figure out the best way to get these into XBMC.

As a test, I have created a directory with 3 movies. IN XBMC I have set this directory as a source, and scraped. So all is good in XBMC.

My assumption was that once I "connected" EMM to XBMC with the XBMC controller, EMM would show the movies with all the information that was scraped in XBMC. It does not... It only shows the 3 movie entries with nothing tagged.

Is the communication only one way, i.e. EMM can only "push" data into XBMC, but not pull?

Thanks!

That's correct
XBMC read from nfo, but not write to them, not automatic anyway!
________________Ember Media Manager________________
Website | Download | Report Issues/Feature Requests | Donate
steve1977 Wrote:I know that the feature will be implemented in version 1.5, but was wondering whether any users are using any workaround to accomplish the following:

1) Show a list of missing episodes/seasons (not marking them as missing, but show an actual structured list)

2) Scrape new episodes. I am having 40 shows and not sure how best to find what episode is new that I can scrape the info. I understand that is only partially implemented, but any advice on a workaround or how to get it done would be great.

Thanks so much!!!

Any thoughts?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
If you export your library from XBMC to external files, EMM will read it then.
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
I've noticed there is something wrong with the trailer download function, it seems to find the trailer, yet it doesn't download them. I've made a video of what I'm doing here: http://tinyurl.com/32ko2lk
Is there anyway to make Ember detect TV Series that are packed ? I was just trying out this tool and added my TV series collection but it seem to only detect avi files. I need it to scrape TV Series by directory name, unless it can detect avi files inside rars.
coendeurloo Wrote:I've noticed there is something wrong with the trailer download function, it seems to find the trailer, yet it doesn't download them. I've made a video of what I'm doing here: http://tinyurl.com/32ko2lk

Try going back into the movie in edit mode and see if it then appears. The trailer area interface has always been a little "rough". IE when you use a local trailer you have to hit copy to close the trailer selection panel.
Quick question: anyone know why after scanning my TV Show library with EMM, when I add a new episode to the library and have xbmc update, it doesn't pull in the new episode? I'm about to go through and delete all the nfo files and see if that resolves the problem.

I've double checked that the file name is all formatted correctly etc., but xbmc is just not showing new episodes anymore.

I suppose this may be a limitation of xbmc, but I want to make sure I know what's going on before I call it quits on EMM and my tv show library.
It's because EMM saves the episodeguide field wrong inside tvshow.nfo

Just delete that one thing, and it'll work.
clock2113 Wrote:It's because EMM saves the episodeguide field wrong inside tvshow.nfo

Just delete that one thing, and it'll work.

Not exactly true.
Put the xbmc API Key in Ember setttings and ember will write the correct episodeguide field
Hi,

After having updated EMM recently, my XBMC stopped updating its movie database regarding all new movies.

I've already installed the xbmc module and my xbmc is also configured to make a start up update every time.

Nevertheless, it just verifies and compress its database, without adding new movies.

Can any one help ?

Best regards.
Nuno Wrote:Not exactly true.
Put the xbmc API Key in Ember setttings and ember will write the correct episodeguide field

Ah, thanks! Big Grin
I appeared to have messed up my settings...

TV shows work fine, if all episodes are in TVshow\
But if they're in TVshow\Season 01\

They are no longer recognized...
clock2113 Wrote:I appeared to have messed up my settings...

TV shows work fine, if all episodes are in TVshow\
But if they're in TVshow\Season 01\

They are no longer recognized...

Reset Tv regex settings
That worked, thanks!