• 323(current)
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
I cant download any fanart images no more over tmdb and tv shows the same.
Did they change something again in their api or something?

And will there be any update?

thx for any help
hey pedram, about how much space do those trailers take up on your hard drive? What's the average size of a trailer? can you choose to get high def trailers?
They're about 20MB each or less, depending on quality. That's the size for the "HQ" option (480p). Some will be smaller if 480p is not available. I think you can also choose 720p or 1080p but I'm not sure how big those will be. You can experiment by downloading some videos from YouTube directly.
Malexx Wrote:I cant download any fanart images no more over tmdb and tv shows the same.

TMDB has a problem with images. They're working on a fix. http://embermm.com/boards/2/topics/1614
TVDB is getting bombed by the newest version of Plex which is making the site unstable.
Hi all i have just tried this software and wanted to know how to stop it from deleting my fanart and postersand folder pics which i have them already in the folders downloaded on my drive as i only want to generate info files.

2nd question why does it generate 2 info files one of the movies name and the other which is just called movie ? as i only want it to generate 1 info file

cheers forany help
720p trailers are around 60MB and 1080p 200MB max.

I download trailers by first checking www.movie-list.com. This site links to Yahoo trailer downloads in mov format. If I don't find my trailer there, I look for it on youtube manually and paste the link in ember so it can download it.

I often found ember to not scrape youtube well, downloading 360p or 480p when there was HD content available.

The reason I download from Yahoo first is simple, bitrate is 9Mb. Youtube maxes out at 3Mb and the difference is noticeable.
meridius Wrote:Hi all i have just tried this software and wanted to know how to stop it from deleting my fanart and postersand folder pics which i have them already in the folders downloaded on my drive as i only want to generate info files.

2nd question why does it generate 2 info files one of the movies name and the other which is just called movie ? as i only want it to generate 1 info file

cheers forany help

1. Scrape nfo only
2. Setup the nfo naming you want in settings
________________Ember Media Manager________________
Website | Download | Report Issues/Feature Requests | Donate
Hi guys, for famous movies likes ghost writer or remember me, ember find strange fanart... It's normal? Sometimes it found only very small fanarts, other times found the same fanart for each movie I search. These are not linked to movie I search and it's always the same, grey garden. I don't have this movie in my collection... This is a similar pitcure: http://www.google.it/imgres?imgurl=http:...74&bih=866

Thank you

P.S: I always use ember without troubles.... I don't change anything... One day it starts to do that...

Edit: I don't know how, but i've solved it Tongue Thank you anyway Smile
Does anyone know if it's possible (or a trick) to disable the splash screen that comes up when Ember MM loads?

Since I have a big library it takes about 60 seconds for the program to load, and the splash screen comes up and stays on top of other windows for most of that time. As you can imagine, it would be a bit annoying to have it stuck on top of everything for that long.
Try hd-trailers.net for HD trailers.
No other choice than compiling from source, you should have needed info in the ember wiki.

In the source just edit the frmSplash.Designer.vb
and change
Me.TopMost = True
to
Me.TopMost = False

As simple as that Smile
anyone?

kees667 Wrote:I like this tool so far. Nice clean interface and seems to do the job. Just one problem I can't seem to solve is resizing the scaped images. I use an asrock 330 and to keep it snappy I prefer not to use large fanart or posters.

I setup poster to automatically resize and only entered a width of 480. Then When I scrape I can manually select images, with sizes up to 680x1000 ( I assume I can select those and Ember will resize). However many images are still that original size when I view them later in explorer. What am I doing wrong?
Ah, that's a bit of a pain, but good to know that at least there's somewhat of an option.
wrong thread :O
For some reason Ember Media Manager only shows 2600 ish movies when i have about 3900. Any idea on what can be the issue? I have added some folders through the network share but it used some of them as well.
  • 323(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)24