• 350(current)
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
No, XBMC does not support partial updates - if you scrape using the EMM source then XBMC will also show no cast information. If you want to get the missing information you need to either find a way to update the nfo files before loading into XBMC or be willing to rescrape all affected movies (which means reloading all the nfo data).
Thanks for the help.
This sucks as I was really looking forward to this week-end to complete my clean-up.
I've tried 2 other software so far and I had really mixed results.
I have multiple xbmc installs hooked by a DB so anything stored on the local files may be a problem.
I supposed if I delete the .nfo(s) and rescan i should get all the missing pieces.
This is unfortunate as I would rather have everything prescient in my media folder and then scan.
I also have another requirement, I have to use the cine passion scraper as I have lots of French movies.
I will repost here when I make new progress.
BTW, I would be willing to contribute to EMM. VB.NET is not my preferred language (Smile) but I could get by.
The site works for me.

http://code.google.com/p/embermediamanager/
luisomar0 Wrote:The site works for me.

http://code.google.com/p/embermediamanager/

As mentioned earlier, the installer pulls files from what used to be the site. That will not work.
I've tested a bunch of alternatives.
So far the best (UI is suspect but working through it, I'm getting something done) is XBNE (supports many scrapers incl. cine passion).
The other promising one is XMM2 (nice support from Xyber), it's really too bad it doesn't support cine passion.
Will try on my US content.

What are you guys using ?
XMM2 is pretty strong. A nice alternative for English content!
The source is online for anyone who knows VB.

The SVN repo is here:

http://embermediamanager.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

Doing a quick search, the domain name is referenced 64 times across 34 files, some of which are things like hyperlinks in their About dialog. It doesn't appear that they use their IP address anywhere in the code (174.121.80.162). I don't know VB or I'd take a crack at it, however, I can't imagine the phone home behavior would be terribly difficult to remove.

Anyone else have any thoughts here?
I know VB.NET, though I have hard time trying to understand this code, it is not well commented and I am not an awesome coder exactly.
Though what I could do was download the latest svn (about 2 weeks old now) when the website was up and then I built it and uploaded to Mediafire.

http://www.mediafire.com/?0s07cza26oans6g

Just download and unzip to a folder, then run Ember Media Manager.exe. You will not get a fancy set-up gui so you need to go to Settings and add your sources first. Quite a lot has changed since the public version, he has regrouped most of the settings into modules. And I also pre-installed Rogues Scraper cuz the built in doesn't work as you know.
squingynaut Wrote:...I can't imagine the phone home behavior would be terribly difficult to remove.

Anyone else have any thoughts here?

Which phone home behaviour ?
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
As a learning project, I downloaded the SVN just a couple of weeks ago and have been able to compile up the code. I was able to correct theproblem with the scraper so that you didn't have to select "full cast".

I am still trying to figure out how to create an install package.

What hapened to the site?
ubuntuf4n Wrote:Which phone home behaviour ?

Well, upon closer inspection, it doesn't look like their installer is actually included with the rest of their source code. The problem I'm having with EMM is that I can't get it to install. It's attempting to download an XML file from the EMM website that has some sort of version information and, failing that, gives an error and the installation aborts. Either way, the source appears to be online on Google Code, so someone could foreseeably be able to get a working copy going again.

Cyb3rH4Xter Wrote:Just download and unzip to a folder, then run Ember Media Manager.exe.

When I run the .exe, it throws an exception. The errors are in Swedish, but Google Translate says that there are "invalid characters in the path" and/or "the server has performed an action that does not follow protocol". I'm on Windows 7 x64 with the latest .Net Frameworks. Ideas?
CrashnBrn Wrote:Is there an easy way to remove all of the files that ember created? The nfo, pictures, tbn, .actors folder, etc.

Edit | Settings | Filesystem > Clean Files (select what to clean)

then

Tools | Clean Files
CrashnBrn Wrote:You should be able too. I don't believe that it installs any files any other places other than the install folder.

In Vista and Windows 7 the install directory is:

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Ember Media Manager

It should be something like

C:\Documents and Settings\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Ember Media Manager

for XP.

Copy that folder over to a different computer and you should be set.

Thanks. I'll hook up my old PC and try to pull it off. If I do I'll zip it up and post it.
Thare187 Wrote:Thanks. I'll hook up my old PC and try to pull it off. If I do I'll zip it up and post it.

I got the files off my old HTPC. I kept everything in the .rar minus the backdrops and thumbs. Here is the link. Hope it helps someone.
Thare187 Wrote:I got the files off my old HTPC. I kept everything in the .rar minus the backdrops and thumbs. Here is the link. Hope it helps someone.

For some reason I can not add sources. Not sure what the problem is.
  • 350(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)24