• 359(current)
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
kysersosai Wrote:What I did

Download = Telecharger the following

1. Ember 1.3.2441 - Extract

2. Ember Revisited - Extract > Copy and Overwrite All Files into Ember 1.3.2441

3. Rogue Scraper - Copy .dll into Ember 1.3.2441/modules

(below credit to jonte511)
4. Download this EMM port for PortableApps

5. Unzip the contents of that file anywhere. I used 7zip for this, might also work with WinRAR or similar as well.

6. Go to the folder "\$_OUTDIR\Ember Media Manager\" and copy the contents to your EMM Revisited folder, overwriting all files when asked.

7. Start the new "Ember Media Manager.exe" and you're good to go!

Change a few setting to reflect language preferences

Ember Fixed Error Msg, No Saved NFO, Fanart, etc to HDD, Not Seeing Old NFO, No Scraper Data

Thanks To everyone who posted any kind of solution

Nod Kyser Sosai

Didn't you just take this from the post right above you? Jonte511?
I am using the copy that was zipped up and posted and its working mostly. The only problem is that all plot info is in German and I can't find where to change that to English.

Please help as I am going insane looking for it.

Mick
I'm new to this metadata scraping, but after tinkering a few days I've found that I like Ember the best, even if it's dead :[

I'm using the Revisited EMM with Rogue's Scraper, but I'm having trouble downloading data for any movie that's not a Popular Title. For example, Hamlet 2, a parody, is under Exact Matches, but not Popular Titles (where the non-parody Hamlets reside), and the scraper seems to get stuck on Downloading Details. Is this fixable?
Thare187 Wrote:Didn't you just take this from the post right above you? Jonte511?

I need some clarification on thisHuh? Extract Ember Revisited and Rogue Scraper .dll into Ember 1.3.2441 folder. But then it says to go to the folder "\$_OUTDIR\Ember Media Manager\" and copy the contents to your EMM Revisited folder, overwriting all files when asked. Are we supposed to be extracting files into two different foldersHuhHuh Thanks
jonte511 - thanks for the pointer - your fix worked a treat! Big Grin
znelbok Wrote:I am using the copy that was zipped up and posted and its working mostly. The only problem is that all plot info is in German and I can't find where to change that to English.

Please help as I am going insane looking for it.

Mick

Settings -> Movies -> Scrapers - Data -> Ember Native Movie Scrapers -> Uncheck everything in OFDB (German)

That should do it.
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr...2818e091d0

I see this still works :p
Even lists a gmail address...
Kodi - Windows 7_x64 14.2 Helix
OpenELEC - Generic x86_64 v5.0.8
OpenELEC - Raspberry Pi2 v5.0.8
Ember media manger 1.3.0.20 (thx DanCooper)
Media Companion v3.620b (thx Vbat99)
Rashad TVRenamer 0.7 Beta 2/EPnamer v1.45
Calibre-ebook

i am tv Wrote:I'm using the Revisited EMM with Rogue's Scraper, but I'm having trouble downloading data for any movie that's not a Popular Title. For example, Hamlet 2, a parody, is under Exact Matches, but not Popular Titles (where the non-parody Hamlets reside), and the scraper seems to get stuck on Downloading Details. Is this fixable?

For Hamlet 2, I had to find it on imdb in Firefox, and just copy/paste the tt number (minus the tt) into the "manual imdb entry box".
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
I don't want to take anything away from Malexx, he beat me to this a few pages back. http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=684...count=5256. Here is my copy of EMM 1.2 2385 if anyone wants to try it. http://www.mediafire.com/?kfacq4w12mrl4ov. Works great for me, imdb search results page will not show pictures, just title and year only. This is likely due to me using "scrape full cast". Scraping works for movies and series, I also have xbmc and bulk renamer plugins. I did clear the temp folder to reduce the file size. As with malexx, you will all be able to see my collection (forgot to clear it). Oops :p
Perhaps we should start a new "Ember Revisted" thread, since this thread is mostly questions about why Ember isn't working any more...
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
Im trying the new stuff out that everyone posted and it seems to be working but EMM shows up as "program not responding" but if i kill it and reopen it it seems to have scraped some data so im just letting it go for now.
XBMC-ATV2 - Frodo
XBMC-LR - Zotac Zbox Plus - 36gb SSD - 3Gb Mem - Frodo
XBMC-BR - Foxcon 330i - 16gb SSD - 2Gb Mem - FrodoRc3
XBMC-Mini - MacMini - 128Gb OCZ Agility - 5Gb Mem - Frodo - Running SQL - Auto Library Update
Synology DiskStation Ds1512+(Dsm 4.3-3776) - 4gb Mem - 5*3tb Wd Reds [SHR] - 2GB Bonded Link - (SSD Cache WIP)

So I got a hold of the source code for EMM and fiddling around with it and going to try fixing it / updating it. I started adding a music section to it but still having issues with the conversion process since it was originally programmed in an older version of Visual Studio then what I have so I am trying to sort these issues out and I hope to have something put together soon.

So from a general consensus that I have gotten from skimming through these posts is that the scrapers need to be fixed/updated. Am I correct on this? I will most likely hold off on the addon stuff until I get everything else fixed, which is being a little difficult at the moment cause of the conversion issues I am having but as soon as I get those ironed out then I can fix some to the other issues.

I am using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Pro by the way.
clock2113 Wrote:For Hamlet 2, I had to find it on imdb in Firefox, and just copy/paste the tt number (minus the tt) into the "manual imdb entry box".

Thanks! That worked great. I had tried that, but using the entire imdb url, which didn't work. Perfect!
A few things i noticed when trying to run the updated version that everyone has recomnded:

1: Every-time i start up its asking me the language question and stuff like its the first time being run

2: If i try to run an automated scan it keep hanging on me. Ive tried to add and remove options to help it out but it doesnt seem to be working well for me.

Im going to keep pluggin away at this as i like to have everything stored right on the NAS if possbile, i know im going to add another XBMC istall at home at some point and having all this info right on the NAS is the best option for me.

Never mind i think i got it, i had a movie that came with some images already and i think they were set to read only and it was causing EMM to hang on that movie, i removed those images and it seems to be scraping away now.

I love that you guys got this working again as its sooooo good..
XBMC-ATV2 - Frodo
XBMC-LR - Zotac Zbox Plus - 36gb SSD - 3Gb Mem - Frodo
XBMC-BR - Foxcon 330i - 16gb SSD - 2Gb Mem - FrodoRc3
XBMC-Mini - MacMini - 128Gb OCZ Agility - 5Gb Mem - Frodo - Running SQL - Auto Library Update
Synology DiskStation Ds1512+(Dsm 4.3-3776) - 4gb Mem - 5*3tb Wd Reds [SHR] - 2GB Bonded Link - (SSD Cache WIP)

gizmotoy Wrote:Settings -> Movies -> Scrapers - Data -> Ember Native Movie Scrapers -> Uncheck everything in OFDB (German)

That should do it.

You would think so, but that has all been unchecked and it still comes in in German.

Thanks anyway for confirming my sanity

Mick
  • 359(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)24