• 361(current)
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
sstorkel Wrote:OK, what am I missing? I've downloaded a couple of the recent Ember releases. If I scrape a movie, I can get the standard info: plot summary, director, release date, cast, etc. When I try to do anything with posters, fan art, or other images... I lose all of the scraped info and never end up with any images. Is there some trick to getting this thing to work? Documentation seems to have disappeared along with the original developers, so I'm a bit lost. Dunno if I just can't figure out how to use the thing, or if the recent builds are broken for me...

Same for me. Followed the instructions, yet it doesn't save images for new films. I can scrape fanart, posters, etc fine, even see it in Rescrape Movie, but it doesn't save it. Somehow it does work for TV Series, although it crashes the program.
MikeM Wrote:Ok, now i gotcha. ;-)
You can overwrite the built-in title languages by adding the following line to the advancedsettings.xml in the application dir:

Code:
<Setting Section="*EmberAPP" Name="ForceTitle">International</Setting>

If you want to keep the built-in languages the line should look like this:

Code:
<Setting Section="*EmberAPP" Name="ForceTitle">Argentina|Australia|Belgium|Brazil|Canada: English title|Canada: French title|Finland|France|Germany|Hong Kong|Iceland|Ireland|Netherlands|New Zealand|Peru|Portugal|Singapore|South Korea|Spain|Sweden|Switzerland|UK|USA|International</Setting>

HTH Mike

I tried last night, but didnt'w work.
I have tried to copy just the first line, or just the second line you have post, and nothing change...
Jocker_Boy Wrote:I tried last night, but didnt'w work.
I have tried to copy just the first line, or just the second line you have post, and nothing change...

What is the version of Ember you are using ?
Works fine for me with the latest 2441 from svn.

Anything in the error log ?
Older versions try to connect to the suspended website and may corrupt your advancedsetting.xml.
MikeM Wrote:What is the version of Ember you are using ?
Works fine for me with the latest 2441 from svn.

Anything in the error log ?
Older versions try to connect to the suspended website and may corrupt your advancedsetting.xml.

I'm not at home, but if i'm right, it's the last V 1.2xxxx
About error log, late at home i check.
I started using Ember today but it doesnt seem to recognize movie folders with structure
<movie name> cd 1.avi
<movie name> Cd 2.avi
<movie name>.nfo
<movie name>.tbn
<movie name>-fanart.jpg

it has to do with the Cd 1 and Cd 2 any ideas?
ShizzlePDX503 Wrote:So I got a hold of the source code for EMM and fiddling around with it and going to try fixing it / updating it. I started adding a music section to it but still having issues with the conversion process since it was originally programmed in an older version of Visual Studio then what I have so I am trying to sort these issues out and I hope to have something put together soon.

So from a general consensus that I have gotten from skimming through these posts is that the scrapers need to be fixed/updated. Am I correct on this? I will most likely hold off on the addon stuff until I get everything else fixed, which is being a little difficult at the moment cause of the conversion issues I am having but as soon as I get those ironed out then I can fix some to the other issues.

This is fantastic news (while I hope aligned with the original developers?).

Music is a fantastic addition and something truly missing in the world of media managers for XBMC. Very much looking forward to this!!!

From what I understand, the prob right now is a bit more material than the scrapers. IMDB changed its structure and thus EMM only works with the work-around of selecting "scrape all actors". It would be great to see it working again without that work-around.
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
Negativecreep0 Wrote:I started using Ember today but it doesnt seem to recognize movie folders with structure
<movie name> cd 1.avi
<movie name> Cd 2.avi
<movie name>.nfo
<movie name>.tbn
<movie name>-fanart.jpg

it has to do with the Cd 1 and Cd 2 any ideas?

I setup a dummy folder structure with just the two .avi files and it worked fine. Didn't get media info since the .avi's were just empty dummy files. But it scraped all the artwork and movie info etc...

Just to be clear, I keep all my movies in their own folder. I just realized looking at your example that you didn't specify a separate folder for the movie. So my example was more like
Code:
<movie-name>
       |_ cd1.avi
       |_ cd2.avi
joeranjensen Wrote:Hi.

Do you guys manage to scrape movies with ember at the moment? For about a month ago I was able to scrape my movies with good results, but now it wont get any info, posters or fanart.

If ember is not useable anymore, what would be the best alternative to ember?

http://www.mymovies.dk/download/collecti...ement.aspx

Also supports XBMC
TomPiXX Wrote:http://www.mymovies.dk/download/collecti...ement.aspx

Also supports XBMC

You have to pay to use that software with their point system. You could check out a few of the alternatives in the XBMC Supplemental Tools Forum. Media Companion, XMM2, Media Center Master, Media Info Plus. Or just keep ember and use one of the fixes that were listed.
I have changed my options on cast scraping in there any way to get it to rescrape the cast for my whole collection other than individually?

I have also changed how I want my fanart saved is there a tool that will go through and delete the old one or do I have have to do that individually as well?
tazelaaarq Wrote:I have changed my options on cast scraping in there any way to get it to rescrape the cast for my whole collection other than individually?

I have also changed how I want my fanart saved is there a tool that will go through and delete the old one or do I have have to do that individually as well?

I would just rescrape all the NFO's completely because then you get updated rankings, votes, etc. Click Scrape Media, All Movies, Automatic, NFO Only. It will then rescrape your collection without bothering to check for anything but NFO updates.

As for fanart, go to the folder where you have the movies stored, CRTL + F, type fanart.jpg (or whatever the naming scheme is) and then just select all images that show up and hit delete is the fastest way I've come across.
Both of those solutions make a lot of sense thank you.
jonte511 Wrote:Just trying out the new EMM Revisited. Seems to be working, but I have one major issue. None of the scraped info is saved to disk. Is anyone else having this problem? Possible solution?

Finally got some time to look into this. it looks like the developers made some major changes in the latest svn. i had to revert back to the latest stable version, which is 2385.

I have updated and added all of the source code and the most recently stable copy that i have. i have read through some of the work arounds and this should replace all of them.

EMM Revisited Download Link

i plan to work on the xbmc module since it never really worked the way that i wanted it too. if there are any programmers that would care to join in on maintaining this wonder program, please contact me.

ps. so that all of you know, i am not a programmer by any means. Laugh
tuscani Wrote:Snip

I'm getting an error that says "The type of initializer for 'EmberAPI.Master' threw and exception." when I try to start up.
bencorn Wrote:I'm getting an error that says "The type of initializer for 'EmberAPI.Master' threw and exception." when I try to start up.

When does this occur?
Did you overwrite an existing installation?

upload the log files in the log folder.
  • 361(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)24