Working QuickTime Audio
yes, you need a build more recent cvs version, quicktime dll support was only added a few days ago.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
guybrush,
check in the docs dir i believe (at work don't have it infront of me) in the xbmc cvs. should be a mplayer source there. atleast there used to be, check the history for it i believe one or two versions back is before pre4. we started up the new cvs for mplayer at the same time as pre4 was released.

elupus
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

(striker @ aug. 16 2004,14:07 Wrote:i got the cvs build from 07-17.
updated mplayer.dll to guybrushes and the one from ezar
added the qt codecs to the codecs dir but am getting the same errors everytime while trying to play a .mov

16-08-2004 13:57:51 mplayer play:f:\video\batman_begins_m480.mov cachesize:1024
16-08-2004 13:57:51 flipping bi-directional subtitles disabled
16-08-2004 13:57:51 stating file f:\video\batman_begins_m480.mov.conf
16-08-2004 13:57:51 stating file q:\mplayer\f:\video\batman_begins_m480.mov.conf
16-08-2004 13:57:53 kernel32.dll: unresolved function called (getshortpathnamea), count number 1
16-08-2004 13:57:53 cmplayer::openfile() f:\video\batman_begins_m480.mov failed

do i need a more recent build?
you need a new xbe. its not just the dll and the codecs that got updated.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
(elupus @ aug. 16 2004,13:27 Wrote:guybrush,
check in the docs dir i believe (at work don't have it infront of me) in the xbmc cvs. should be a mplayer source there. atleast there used to be, check the history for it i believe one or two versions back is before pre4. we started up the new cvs for mplayer at the same time as pre4 was released.

elupus
i checked out revision 1.1 of mplayersource.rar (version before pre4) and took me a while to get a working dll, compare sources, debug, etc, but i found the problem Smile

the culprit was the resync_video_stream function in mplayer.c

here's how to fix, open mplayer.c and search for "seek_video_reset" and then make the following change:
Quote:#ifdef _xbox
       // do not call resync_video_stream when ffwd'ing, this causes problems :)
       if (playback_speed != orgplayback_speed)
#endif
        resync_video_stream(sh_video);
so just add that ifdef above the function, it will skip the resync_video_stream function when doing ffwd.

for ppl who want this fix badly, new mplayer.dll with fixed ffwding :lol:

:fixed:
i tried your previous dll guybrush, worked fine to skip in quicktime files, many thx Smile

will try this new dll tonite, is it a fix for ffwing past 4x speed, ie 8x ?

there's an issue with vbr mp3's, when you ff them, time goes totally out of sync, any chance you could look at that? (i havent seen how this is handles in 1.0pre5 yet, maybe already fixed by default)

hi,

where can i download the new cvs source while sourgeforge´s pserver is down Huh
(darkvamp @ aug. 16 2004,21:22 Wrote:hi,

where can i download the new cvs source while sourgeforge´s pserver is down Huh
hmm thought ppl would notice it even better if i pin the topic.
guess i was wrong Image

http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....;t=5752

read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
@guybrush: nice change... it's skip fine  :o
@pike: i play a vbr mp3 with nigth build and it works fine!! can you test it? and send this file if don't run correctly
i tested guybrush's dll, since thats the one i use. and it didnt seem to have any problems with vbr.

but guys, guybrush & ezar2003, this dual dll competition is getting boring, cant you work together instead?

my choice at the moment is guybrush's because it's 1) almost half a megabyte smaller, 2) proven to work

no it's a competition. it's a game :nuts: for make the best port for xbox!!! i think that is funny!!!
guybrush's dll it's based in pre5.
i make my code with mplayer cvs.
the sources can be compared and updated each other... guybrush, can i help you? work together?

no problem. i don't update anymore... only reporting errors Smile and help to guybrush (or xbmc team) in this port!!
i update only for my use and learning...

@guybrush: thank you for your work!!! :bowdown:  
@pike: sorry for boring!!!

be happy!!
i asked if you could work together and not compete, guess that wasnt an alternative then...

nothing wrong with a bit of competition Wink sometimes that's the best way to get things done.

regardless i'm sure that once this all makes it into cvs they can both help with future additions/fixes.

anyway on to the point of my post lol.

the only problem i'm having at the moment is that the elapsed time isn't being shown in the osd, the total time is, but not the current elapsed time. mplayer problem? or xbmc code? the new "toggle mplayer osd state" in keymap.xml will show the correct elapsed time but it doesn't show in the osd.

plus here's a little something that needs fixed. when playing dvd images (both .img files and video_ts folders) the total time is also wrong, even when using "toggle mplayer osd state", this has been broken for a while.

other than that the new mplayer.dll's are working great, well done both of you.
it may seem like a competition, but isnt really.
ezar2003 has used the latest cvs versions of mplayer from the start, while i have used pre5 code.

that's the main reason why there are 2 versions of the dll are floating around.

also ezar2003 uses external libraries (libfaad, live.com, etc).
while i keep them pretty standard to our previous mplayer pre4 code.
ezar2003's way has advantages and disadvantages, main advantage is that his version is the most up to date, but that comes with the disadvantage that its probably more error prone, like "if it works dont fix it".

the pre5 code will probably be checked in tomorrow by me or elupus, and then everyone can send in patches/bugfixes in a more collaborative way.

@ezar2003, keep up the good work and help fix the errors when you find one Smile
@deltop, thx for the reports, ill look into it

ps: its going a bit offtopic hehe

hehe, yeah its going nicely offtopic :p
i would love to try it all out, *edited by hullebulle: no its not allowed Stare*

nice to hear the ff is fixed :agree:
pike you seem to have it tested already. does rw work ok now too, cause with the pre4 mplayer it isnt really working with at least avi's for me. dont see anything happen and when i try harder rw like 8x its suddenly at the beginning.

i had problems with vbr too, a lot of my mp3s are like 80mins and with a cuesheet. when i tried to ff i could go to 7 hours and couple minutes and in fact it had only forwarded to say track6.
is that time display now ok?  
ff with mp3 worked ok at up to 4x also, after that it went crazy  :nuts: is that working now too at 8x or faster?
and does rw work okay with mp3? that would go so fast with pre4.

as for the offtopic, maybe we should continue in the mplayer thread?  :idea:

@deltop: "the only problem i'm having at the moment is that the elapsed time isn't being shown in the osd, the total time is, but not the current elapsed time..."
thank you for the report! the problem is in mplayer core.

@guybrush: i make the modifications in your code too (sorry), you can download mplayer.c if you want. only i add a 'aoldpts' variable inicialitation.

it's the correct topic for talk about mplayer¿?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Working QuickTime Audio0