Can someone tell me if HMDI audio works in XBMC?
Hi,

Finally yesterday I bought my first flat tv and I connected it to my HTPC running XP SP3 with XBMC by HDMI cable.

To try my new tv I downloaded some movie trailes from apple and saved to my HD using quicktime pro. I opened the trailers with XBMC, very good image but no audio from tv speakers. After I closed XBMC and opened the trailers with quicktime player and tv speakers worked.

I looked into XMBC audio settings but the only available option is digital or analogic audio.

Can someone tell me if XBMC manage audio from HDMI ? The video card on my HTPC is sapphire HD 4550.

I hope someone can help me.
Thank you
Yes, it does. But it depends on which Audio Device is currently active. You need to know, that HDMI Audio ist a a separate Audio Device with a separate Driver. So you need to check that HDMI Audio out is selected in your windows controls when you start XBMC...
Hello, the Hdmi audio work perfectly with my Gainward ATI Radeon HD 4650 on windows Vista and Seven
Kodi 16 - Aeon Madnox skin
HTPC : Core I5 4690K - Nvidia GTX 970 - Nas Synology DS410j - LG Bluray - Windows 10 - x64
Thank you for the replies.

I installed all the driver for HDMI audio output and all works perfectly when I use application under XP...the problem is only when I start XBMC.

HGBaum Wrote:So you need to check that HDMI Audio out is selected in your windows controls when you start XBMC...

Thank you, could you tell me where I can check it?
I'm very sorry....it was only a problem of volume control Blush

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can someone tell me if HMDI audio works in XBMC?0