No keymap.xml file in userdata folder
I'm trying to find the keymap.xml file to assign buttons to a gamepad I have plugged into my PC but it's not in the userdata folder. I checked both places in the Appdata\roaming folder and in the Program Files\XBMC folder. Any idea where that might be?

And on that same note, will XBMC work with all gamepads or just the Xbox controller?

EDIT: Never mind, I found it. It was in the XBMC\system folder.

Now I need some help programming my PS2 controller to XBMC. It's connected to a PS2 to USB converter. 12 buttons, left stick is X & Y, right stick is Z Axis & Z Rotation, D-Pad is Point of View Hat. Windows recognizes the controller as "3 in 1 conversion box".
The one in userdata is merely an override for the one in system. You should only be adding your changes to userdata, and not touching system.
althekiller Wrote:The one in userdata is merely an override for the one in system. You should only be adding your changes to userdata, and not touching system.

So just copy that keymap file over to user data?

And how do I enter in POV Hat (D-Pad) commands in the file?
This is news to me. I've been modifying the one in system all along, and then having to back it up and copy it over after each update. So you're saying I can just put one in userdata and it will override the system one?

Also, why not just have the home location be in userdata? Why the middle man?
Version: 20110904-bb1417b
Display: Samsung LN52B750 52" 240Hz LCD HDTV
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black AM3 3.4Ghz 512KB 45NM 125W 4000MHZ
Graphics: PNY XLR8 Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT
Memory: CORSAIR XMS2 4GB (4 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
Motherboard: ASUS M3A78-EM
Think about updates. We cannot possibly tell whether your keymap.xml is the same as the one that came with whatever old build you were using before updating.

Thus, when XBMC is installed, we _do not_ touch your userdata.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No keymap.xml file in userdata folder0