• 3(current)
MPlayer1.0pre5 port to XBMC/XBOX
ezar, it looks like what you are doing now is to updated to latest cvs all the time. we decided from old experieces from the pre4 update that that isn't allways the best. if we do need any more things that is only in cvs, i'd like that we'd have the pre5 update inplace before adding them. makes it easier to see what has changed in our cvs.

i'm just about to take a look at the code you submitted to nighfalltech and see if you missed any changes that are needed for the xbox version. will get back to you later.

elupus

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i'd also revert the libfaad update you did to the same version as in mplayer cvs. otherwise it'll be harder to use the original mplayer as a reference when trying to debug problems. does it add anything special?

<edit> couldn't find anything directly that was missing from the source you supplied, but if you could give me the source for the final version, i'll see about commiting the changes to cvs in two steps, one for pre5 and one for after. kinda need it today or tonite thou as my access to internet will be severly limited in the months to come. </edit>

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

i upload last source to nighfalltech (mplayer_20040814) or here. it include:
- zlib 1.2 (necessary for compressed mov header and png support)
- libfaad 2.1b (added some stuff from nerodigital)
- live.com (2004.08.12) (visit it)
- mplayer cvs 2004-08-14 (reverted libmpeg2 to pre5 code)
- ffmpeg cvs 2004-08-14
- stuff form xbmc

download dll[20040814] and codecs[20040809] and qtcodec63

fyi, libfaad 2.1b include some stuff audio codec from nerodigital
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
nice ezar2003, its good that you base your code on latest cvs so we can compare which things work or are improved in newer versions.  :thumbsup:

you can get my pre5 source from here: mplayer-1.0pre5_xbmc.rar
it's based on 1.0pre5-3.2.3, latest stable release (so not cvs).

i fixed all the bugs i could find (thnx for the reports), and cleaned the code, all changes are contained in _xbox if[n]defs.
the only thing i didnt really port was cache2.c, i just copied it from old xbmc mplayer. i was just lazy, there are no big changes i think, porting it should be easy.
also this version has my code additions for skipping in quicktime movies, and maybe other movies that didnt support skipping or showed an empty progressbar.

just unrar, and run "./configurexbmc"
this script does the following:
1) create a cpuinfo script that has the xbox specs which configure will use.
2) run configure with the xbmc specific flags (you can edit the script to change it to your likings, it pretty humanreadable Smile )

when configured, run "make", it will prolly choke on creating the mplayer.exe with a xboxopendvdrom error, just ignore it since we are building a dll for xbmc Smile

just run "makedll" to create the dll, voila Smile

you can get precompiled dll from here: mplayerdll-16aug2004.rar

[edit]
ps: i moved all external libraries (ogg/mad/zlib/etc) to xbmcsys/lib except for libavformat, this way its easier to maintain and update a specific library Smile
include files/dirs for libraries should just go in xbmcsys dir.
[/edit]

i just tested out the new mplayer.dll and would like to say that aac audio now works in avi containers Smile thank god ive been waiting for that :d thanks for the great work devs :kickass:
i test it now. :bowdown: fantastic clean!!!!
i update the code with:
- zlib 1.2
- libfaad 2.1b (added some stuff from nerodigital)
- live.com (2004.08.13)
- mplayer cvs 2004-08-16 (reverted libmpeg2 to pre5 code)
- ffmpeg cvs 2004-08-16
- xvid cvs 2004-08-16
- stuff form xbmc
- guybrush changes

all changes that i made, are contained in _xbox #ifdefs
you can get precompiled dll from here mplayer.dll and source from here mplayer source code
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
sounds awsome, will have a look at it tonite and see if i can't implement it into mplayer cvs. we won't put the dll in the xbmc tree directly, needs to be tested abit more, but i think it's allmost there. i tried ezar's older dll, and couldn't find any real problems with it so i think we are almost there.

have any of you two (guybrush, ezar) though about joining the team? my time is going to be very limitied in the future and has been last month and i i'm the main maintainer of the mplayer core. i was supposed to do the pre5 update when i came back from my vacation (5 days ago), just havn't had the time + plus didn't want to redo all you guys already did.

may have to wait to move my xbox/tv and computer to my new appartment (no internet) a few days to get this in before then. Smile

<edit> saw that you already posted in the wanna be dev thread ezar, will have a talk with the team. </edit>
elupus

elupus, im actually already on the dev team Wink

been developer for xbmp, but wasnt really active anymore, but found out i had developer rights for xbmc too when i wanted to submit the quicktime patch to sf Smile.

(my nick is savvy on sourceforge)
just hear that Smile, then we should be set for the immidiate future at least.
will get back to you ezar2003 if we decide that we need somebody more.

if you need my help, i will be here!!!

up the xbmc :kickass: and his developers :thumbsup:
ezar2003, great work on the pre5 mplayer.
hope you get on the team Nod

just as a question (dont flame if its stupid/too much to ask), but do you possess the knowledge and time to check xine sources out for dvd play (menu) and maybe port that to mplayer? or entire xine....... you could make a lot of people really happy Smile
Quote:ezar2003 said:

test it
mplayer_cvs_20040817 and post your comments in this thread

well, er. alright. so far i haven't found one file that wouldn't play with it.  :thumbsup:

divx3/4/5 all run smoothly. in fact, i've noticed none of the divx that jerked and lagged with the intitial introduction of mplayer pre4, doesn't anymore. so that's a great thing.

i tried some xvid, only i didn't know if they were 1.0.1 encodes or not. gspot doesn't actually tell you. however, i do have an xvid dvd rip of shrek2 and i would assume that's 1.0.1. anyway, the point is, they all ran without problems.

all of my mpeg - asf - wmv - rm are all fine. although i noticed that you couldn't drag the rm files (but i think it was like that anyway).

.mov files ran, but without sound. but then again, i saw a post titled 'working quicktime audio' so i assume that's being dealt with anyway. Smile

i'm not a techie obviously. but i can say it works fine to my my limited knowledge.  :bowdown:
see the post working quicktime

you need:
- > xbmc 2004-08-12
- quicktime dlls
Smile 
just to let you know, guybrush's pre5 sources are now in the main mplayer branch in the xbmc cvs. on top of this i applied a patch that enables libdts, and also added libdts.a and dts.h - dts decoding using libdts 0.0.2 seems to be working ok according to some user reports now.
yes it working.
this patch is based in ffmpeg cvs.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MPlayer1.0pre5 port to XBMC/XBOX0