XBMC Live = Grub Command Line
I'm trying to boot XBMC Live 9.04, but I only get a grub command line. Any idea what could be causing this? It's definately booting off the CD, but it stalls almost right away and just displays this grub prompt. Can't really provide any logs, etc. cause it doesn't even boot. Let me know if there's any specific info that would help that I can provide.

Thanks,
Harry

P.S. All other bootable CDs boot fine, including Windows XP and Ubuntu 8.04.1.
Have you tried booting the cd on another computer? The cd might not be perfectly burned, in which case you might have to reburn it, preferably at a slow write speed,. It is possible the downloaded iso might be corrupted too, in which case you'll have to redownload it.
I had the same problem with live CD. There is no checksum string to check what I downloaded. So I just unzip it and burn it. but after testing in two computers, it gives me only the grub command line
I saw the same behavior just now when I tried to install xbmc live 9.04. I was using a usb attached cdrom drive. When I switched to using an internal (ide attached) drive, it booted with no problem from the cd.

Rob
I ended up booting the CD in another computer no problem, created a bootable USB stick and booted that in the original computer without any issues. In the end though, my ATI card isn't supported by the Live CD even though it meets the minimum requirements. Oh well.

Thanks,
Harry
Harry Muscle Wrote:I'm trying to boot XBMC Live 9.04, but I only get a grub command line. Any idea what could be causing this? It's definately booting off the CD, but it stalls almost right away and just displays this grub prompt. Can't really provide any logs, etc. cause it doesn't even boot. Let me know if there's any specific info that would help that I can provide.

Thanks,
Harry

P.S. All other bootable CDs boot fine, including Windows XP and Ubuntu 8.04.1.
I have the exact same problem and don't have another machine at home to try. With so many people writing this has to be a little more than "burn" problem.

Please help.
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?f...m_id=11723

Known bug? I'm not sure, as this bug is quite old. Seems at least one user has already come across this issue in this very thread.
I was trying to boot using the CD drive on SATA connected to MoBo and USB as the bug may be pointing to....

Maxim Wrote:http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?f...m_id=11723

Known bug? I'm not sure, as this bug is quite old. Seems at least one user has already come across this issue in this very thread.
Bump, same problem I'm having.

I used my ONLY blank CD-R to burn 9.04.1 and all I'm getting is a god damn grub> command prompt!

Can anyone help!

thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live = Grub Command Line0