Linux & Harmony 1000 remote
I'm thinking of buying an Acer Aspire Revo to solely run XBMC via Linux, does anyone have any idea if the Harmony 1000 remote is compatible?

I have another computer to update/program the remote so I only need it to work as a controller with the Revo.

If anyone could help in anyway that would be great, thanks.
Hi, did you get a solution for this yet?

Was thinking of setting up my Harmony 1000 remote with XBMC Linux myself.

Since my ASRock ION 330 don't have an IR sensor, I ofc need to buy a IR remote control, and then substitue my H1000 with this in learning mode.
ASRock ION 330 | Onkyo TX-SR707 | KEF 2005.5 | Samsung LE-40F86 | Harmony 1000 Remote Control | XBMC Media Center Linux Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04
My XBMC Custom Installation script for Linux
I got a Harmony 515 running fine with a DIY ir receiver (serial lirc device). Is the 1000 still IR based? If so i see no reason why it shouldn't work. There are some tutorials in here on how to use a harmony with lirc and xbmc.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Well, didn't find any rock solid guide yet.

Yes, Harmony 1000 have both IR and RF.
I also have the RF Extender (RF -> IR devices)

I bought a cheap MCE Remote from the net now, and will try it out.
ASRock ION 330 | Onkyo TX-SR707 | KEF 2005.5 | Samsung LE-40F86 | Harmony 1000 Remote Control | XBMC Media Center Linux Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04
My XBMC Custom Installation script for Linux
Yes it will work, just add an Xbox or Windows Media Center Extender to your devices in Logitech software then create a new activity around that which will be XBMC.

You can remap the buttons to better fit the remote and look up the controls here to see what does what.

As for an IR receiver well the one that comes with the Microsoft media center remote works out of the box with XBMC Live (don't know about others). I use a Harmony One Advanced with it and my Asrock 330.

There is a guide here to fully exploit for XBMC + Harmony One but it involves quite a bit of work but I imagine it would work for the 1000 model as well.

On a side note the Logitech team in their forums are talking about setting up a user driven database for augmenting their own internal database of devices, if XBMC were added to that it would be great so hopefully they allow it.
Starstream,

In short, if I understand correctly - If I buy a harmony one, it will work with my asrock ionstar 330 out of the box?

Or do I need to buy some sort of extender or something?

I take the asrock 330 doesn't have IR, does any mini mediecenter have that built in?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Linux & Harmony 1000 remote0