Recoving TV show art
Last night whilst adding new shows to my external hdd my dog thought it would be fun to knock it off my desk. As you would imagine its now dead (the hdd Smile)

Fortunately I have a back up of most of the shows on there but I dont have a backup of any of the art.

I use the aeon skin so i've spent a fair amount of time getting season specific 16x9 fanart and images for each of the seasons of my shows.

I was wondering if theres an easy way to get xbmc to export all of these images retaining their names and even possibly the folder structure they were in?

I know I can get them from the thumbnails folder in user data but I don't really look forward to the task of sorting through 1000s of randomly named tbn files trying to find the ones I want.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.
settings -> video -> library -> export
Select multiple files and yes to export fanart and thumbs.

It exports each thumb/fanart to the same location as the media it pertains to, so you probably need to have the same drive letter that your original media was on available. I have no idea if it will recreate the folder structure or not if it is no longer available, but it is worth a try.
Nope, it won't recreate the file/folder structure.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
mitul103 Wrote:settings -> video -> library -> export
Select multiple files and yes to export fanart and thumbs.

It exports each thumb/fanart to the same location as the media it pertains to, so you probably need to have the same drive letter that your original media was on available. I have no idea if it will recreate the folder structure or not if it is no longer available, but it is worth a try.

vdrfan Wrote:Nope, it won't recreate the file/folder structure.

I had already sort of tried this by changing the drive letter in the sources xml which didnt work but I tried it this way setting the new drive letter to the same as the dead one and it worked!

And to my great surprise it did recreate the file structure. Show folders with show/season thumbs and season folders with episode thumbs and nfos. All I gotta do now is drop all the videos back in.

Thanks for the help Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recoving TV show art0