Choopy Playback of 1080p Fine on WMP
Exclamation 
Hi I'm having trouble playing back a particular film (Godfather series that has been ripped from blu ray in an mkv 20gb in size).

I tried to play it in XBMC (the latest babylon build) and it's really choppy all my other 1080p rips play fine just the Godfather trilogy that doesnt, so I tried to play it in WMP and it works fine si I'm guessing my hardware setup is fast enough just that I've got the settings wrong?

what am I doing wrong I've not adjusted any of the video settings within XBMC please help! Smile
XBMC does not do hardware based video decoding on windows.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for the reply though don't fully understand your answer, why should it be choppy on xbmc but not wmp?
Essentially, you haven't given us enough information. At least, I think that's what JM is saying. There's a chance that WMP is doing some sort of video card decoding of the video, where XBMC in Windows can only decode video using the CPU. This means that, depending on the quality of your CPU, a very high bitrate movie might result in choppy playback. And that is particularly true if the video is encoded in VC-1, for which XBMC does not have dual-core support.

Edit: Point being, what CPU do you have?
Thanks for the reply at work right now but what you've put would make sense it's a dual core amd not sure what ghz I'll check later - at work currently. Would you recommend launching an external player then so I can take advantage of my graphics card?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Choopy Playback of 1080p Fine on WMP0