Vote for XBMC Media Center in SourceForge’s annual Community Choice Awards!
How can we promote this so that more XBMC users will take part in voting? Huh

We are open to ideas/help in this area Nod
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Is it possible to make a small banner on the top of the forums page with a link to the vote ? Could help a bit if users see it when browsing to the forum.
Pop ups? when you log on?
Yeah lets annoy them to death so they don't vote out of spite... The forum banner might fly, as well as a link on the downloads page (not that I expect that to happen, I haven't even conned someone into getting a donate button there yet). We've done plenty, this is a community choice award, not a "who can advertise the best" award. The community is supposed to decide, on their own. I think we've done about all that is respectable for now. We can post a reminder in a couple weeks then a "last chance" a couple days before voting closes.
"Yeah lets annoy them to death so they don't vote out of spite... "

One pop up?.... Hardly.... we have you for that! Wink

But I agree with Gamester it does need a bit more promoting - I think people do put it on the back burner/I'll do it tomorrow and then miss the deadline.....
@Gamester17, what about a contest who has the most catchy signature to motivate others to vote for XBMC today? The winner gets the honor and the first official build of the next XBMC release Big Grin
if xbmc.org did a popup, even I personally would not vote. we would not deserve it
spiff Wrote:if xbmc.org did a popup, even I personally would not vote. we would not deserve it

It was simply a suggestion - one for the pot as such.... They can be alot more subtle these days... self fading/closing... even a banner that appears on the front page and is gone on the next.... or even a PM style reminder..

I agree completely tropical fish screen savers, "your the 1,000,000th VISTOR" and "Get Laid NOW" type things do drive me insaine! but with the coding genius here I'm sure a more gentle reminder to spend 30 seconds of your day at SF and say thank you could be done.

What about Email? Both TMDB and BOXEE do it.... I've had mails this week.
Gamester17 Wrote:How can we promote this so that more XBMC users will take part in voting? Huh
We are open to ideas/help in this area Nod

Maybe it's an idea to send out a press release that XBMC has been nominated in not less than 4 categories...

What we actually need is a world-wide stunt or something... we have a international community. Buy some coloured foil and put it in front of the lights that shine on big buildings at night... I did it before at the 1st of april a few years ago. We can try to create a worldwide hype by doing it all at the same time in capitals of as much as possible country's...

Allright, that may be not totally realistic, but we need something to get a lot of attention...
Vote Confirmation

Congratulations! You just voted for the following project(s) in the 2009 Community Choice Awards:

XBMC Media Center for Best Project
XBMC Media Center for Best Visual Design
XBMC Media Center for Best Project for Multimedia
XBMC Media Center for Most Likely to Change the Way You Do Everything
Anyone else voted? Huh
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Of course....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vote for XBMC Media Center in SourceForge’s annual Community Choice Awards!3