Programs menu missing (for XBMC mediazone plugin)
I am tring to install the XBMC mediazone installer plugin, and have put the files in the correct location. But when I open up XBMC, there is no programs menu at the root of the MCE, do I need to activate something, or is it within a section heading? I am using ubuntu Jaunty as the OS I am runnung XBMC under.

Thankyou for any help,
Dan
What windows are implemented is skin dependent. Some offer it as a skin setting, some choose to leave it out entirely. Alternatively, you can manually add the plugin to favorites.xml (see wiki) and launch it from there.
Thankyou very much for your help, I went to the wiki, and I gather I need to open the context menu somehow from somewhere and it will automatically create the favourites.xml file, allowing me to add the plugin. Problem is, I cant work out how to open the context menu, or where to open it. I have tried the below:
C
windows key

Not sure what to try now.
@retrodans
Usually the skins have a setting in Settings > Skin Settings > Home Window (http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/?title=Skin_Settings), where they allow to show/hide the Programs entry.

Otherwise you can find the favorites.xml in the userdata folder - on your Ubuntu that probably is in ~/.xbmc/userdata/ and it looks something like this:

Code:
<favourites>
    <favourite name="SVN Repo Installer"  thumb="special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Programs/f088fc1f.tbn">ActivateWindow(10001,plugin://programs/SVN Repo Installer/)</favourite>
    <favourite name="XBMC Zone Installer" thumb="special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Programs/218b0fc0.tbn">ActivateWindow(10001,plugin://programs/XBMC Zone Installer/)</favourite>
</favourites>
I have managed to activate the programs menu from the skins settings, and install my plugins with your help. Now to see which plugins work, as some seem to come back with python errors, I assume this is due to the plugins not working in Ubuntu.

Cheers,
Dan
@retrodans
That is a separate matter, for each plugin not working I would suggest finding their support thread (like I have mine in the signature) and see below on how to produce a debug xbmc.log and upload at pastebin, and the authors will help you.

http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/index.php?title...Bug_Report

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Programs menu missing (for XBMC mediazone plugin)0