Newbie Q's - Image scaling and closing xbmc
Hi, Really sorry about this but I've searched and can't find answers to these 2 questions and I suspect they're quite simple to fix but I've not manged to fix them yet...

1) The images for my list of TV shows aren't scaled at all eg:

How can I fix the images at the bottom of the screen??

2) How can I configure Aeon/xbmc to just close xbmc rather then shutdown the machine (if I can get both close and shutdown that'd be ideal) as it'd be nice to return to gdm rather than having to get up and power the box back on Smile

Thanks
For part 1:

You'll have to use 16x9 images if you keep it like that. Personally I use Hitchers mod (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...itcher+mod) which dosent use the custom 16x9 just your standard tv show posters, at least until those are supported.

Or if you like the 16x9, see here: (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...=16x9+show)

Part 2: It is in the options, but I've never configured mine, it simply shuts down xbmc, but I'd guess you're using Linux because I think that's the default behavior there.

Hope that helps,
--FF
I use windows and 'restart' in Aeon doesn't actually restart it just exits xbmc...other skins it actually restarts windows.
I use windows, and in Aeon at least, Shutdown closes xbmc it it's been too long since i've tried restart for me to speak on that, but I think i remember mine doing that too.

--FF
Geeez I feel such a newbie!!!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction FernFerret you've been a great help.

I think I'll just grab the 16x9 pics as I don't have too many different shows to work with atm.

As for the shutdown problem, I am using Linux and the default shutdown option does shutdown the box. I did find the option to change the behavior but I could of sworn that it only gave me the option of shutdown or hibernate. However, I just went back there and low and behold....... Blush
It would be very nice to have different options available from the main menu though...

Thanks again for your help.
Quote:It would be very nice to have different options available from the main menu though...

I think this has been discussed, although many people have decided that two options that are configurable will work, though that's not a tough mod.

Just for the record, where did you find those options under linux?

One more sidenote, when I went to change all of mine, Don't forget you have to set some season thumbs also. I just used certain episode shots for mine, as Aeon will put the season title near the bottom.

Glad that helps,
--FF
FernFerret Wrote:I think this has been discussed, although many people have decided that two options that are configurable will work, though that's not a tough mod.

I personally would like a "sub menu" (move down to select) under shutdown that would let me select shutdown/quit/hibernate etc. I'll be looking into the skin structure once I get my head around xbmc a bit more and then look at making a mod.

Quote:Just for the record, where did you find those options under linux?

In xbmc it's an item called shutdown function under Settings->system->hardware

Quote:One more sidenote, when I went to change all of mine, Don't forget you have to set some season thumbs also. I just used certain episode shots for mine, as Aeon will put the season title near the bottom.

Glad that helps,
--FF

Yep, I found that out shortly after my last post so I think I'm going to look at the mod you linked to in your first post and see how that looks.
I love the way the wide ones look, but until the images become scrapable, I'm sticking with the standard posters.

--FF

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie Q's - Image scaling and closing xbmc0