Aleutia H1 ION Based PC - FREEZING!
hi guys, if anyone can help on this I would be grateful.

I've just bought a H1 PC from Aleutia - http://www.aleutia.com/products/h1-hotel-pc which i believe is the same kit you can buy from mini-itx.com and the same mobo,cpu as AsRock. - please correct me if I'm wrong.

XBMC Info:
XBMC Build 9.04.1 with NVIDIA drivers "restrictedDrivers.NVIDIA.185_18_14", bootable usb flash build with unetbootin.

System Spec:
2 x 1.6GHz Intel Atom 330 Dual Core CPU, 533MHz FSB
Nvidia Ion 450MHz GPU, 1100MHz Shader Clock
2GB DDR2 240-pin SDRAM (800MHz)
8GB Kingston USB Flash

The Problem:
in a nutshell here is my problem, xbmc live booting off a usb flash with the lastest nvidia drivers.

it will boot into xbmc and everything seems to be working fine and then randomly anywhere between 1-10mins of booting it completely locks up with what i can only describe as static horizontal lines on the screen.

i have tried different usb flash drives, if anyone has any ideas i would be grateful as i've spent two days on this and pretty much fed up.

unfortunately I havent been able to get the debug log, I'm trying to get hold of a sata drive to do a full install onto that.

i've done a quick video to show the problem- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgcSSbEuR4g
you know what from the info you supplied it sounds that
you actually got harwdare feilure on your rig.

total lockup with horizontal lines sounds like a heat problem on your gpu.
If it works fine when its been off but hangs after 10 minutes i bet my
eyeballs that there is problems with a fan or something in your rig.
quick update:

same problem once xbmc live is installed to a sata hdd.

The-Boxhead's idea may have some truth aswell, the lock ups happen quicker afer each reboot indicating a heat issue. xbmc doesnt report my GPU temperature though.

maybe just send it back Sad
quick update 2:

I have installed latest ubuntu desktop onto SATA hdd and loaded the latest NVIDIA drivers. It now locks up on the linux desktop before entering XBMC.

Interestingly it doesnt lock up with the generic display driver loaded, I managed to check the GPU temp before it locked up and it was only reporting 33degrees.

Either way something isn't right and I've spent alot of time getting no where, I am going to return the unit and probably buy an ASROCK ION 330.
Its obvious from your video its hardware problem just send it back ASAP

BTW companies build their own boards around the NVIDIA Ion so the mobos aren't the same, if you looked at the mobo on a Zotac, Revo, Asrock they would all be different to yours
cheers for the help
Asrock is pretty much tried and tested so its probably a better option especially as they can be had for £220
I've just got a Zotac ION board, which I think it what the Aleutia H1 uses, and it locks up anywhere from the very start of booting (before POST) to just after XBMC Live loads (~30 seconds). Definitely a hardware issue for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aleutia H1 ION Based PC - FREEZING!0