Composite cable 720p bad quality
Dear All

I've anx XBox wiyj XBMC T3CH XBMC 2009-06-27 SVN rev21142.

I've purchased a new Samsun LCD 32" LE32457C1 so I've dicided to connect the xbox with a composite cabe.

I've enabled 720 p but the immage quality it's not realy good. it sound like without "focus".

At 1080p it's much better but the xbox run really slow...

I've bought a second cable with gold contact but I've the same issue.

Any idea??

thanks

L.
Presumably you mean component cable? What brand? Any chance of electromagnetic interference?
XBMC Manual - BlackBolt - SVN Guide - Skin SVN - Wide Icon SVN - ROM Shortcut Generator
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me :P
Bomb Bloke Wrote:Presumably you mean component cable? What brand? Any chance of electromagnetic interference?

yep I mean componet cable....

it's quite difficult to find an Microsoft original one so it's not original...

On the xbox It'va another decoder but I don't think it could cause the problem.

any way to change XBMC refresh rate??

thank you
L.
The xbox doesn't support 1080p... You mean 1080i?
What are you judging image quality (the menu or an actual movie playing)...
Connectors, in the end, don't really mean squat (gold or copper). It is the cable core material that matters along with cable shielding...
I use a cheap pair of component cables i bought at gamestop for 10 bucks on my 42" plasma at 720p and the image looks great.. 1080i isn't as good as 720p anyways...
Numus Wrote:Connectors, in the end, don't really mean squat (gold or copper).
I wouldn't be so sure... Especially when your connectors are using a different metal to the sockets, they can make a great mess of things.
XBMC Manual - BlackBolt - SVN Guide - Skin SVN - Wide Icon SVN - ROM Shortcut Generator
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me :P
Bomb Bloke Wrote:I wouldn't be so sure... Especially when your connectors are using a different metal to the sockets, they can make a great mess of things.

Sorry.. ment the connectors don't really mean squat when you compare them to cable core material and shielding... If the cable S:N is really bad then it doesn't matter if the connectors are sold gold, or sold zinc, the data is going to be horrible when it gets transmitted through the cable..
I've got the same problem. The text in the menus is blurred and flickers

When I run with resolution set to 1080i the picture is perfect but obviously the Xbox runs slower and runs out of memory. When I switch to 720p the picture goes bad (the actually picture while playing a movie is fine, its at the menus when you really notice it. That's when the text gets blurred and flickers!). This is on my Philips 37" LCD connected via component.

However I've got the same setup in my living room but using a 40" full HD Toshiba LCD and the text is perfect, the same quality as when in 1080i mode on the Philips setup.

I've tried swapping the component cables to see if they were causing the problem (both unofficial cheapies off eBay) but both gave the same results (tosh = good, phil = bad).

So I've concluded that it my Philips set that's causing the issue!!

I'd like to know if anyone has had similar problems and resolved them?
Why has this been moved to off topic Huh
probably as it has nothing to do with xbmc
  • Livingroom - C2D E8400, P5N7A-VM on a Samsung 46" LE46M86 FullHD via HDMI
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
  • Bedroom - LG Laptop on a 32" tv
Its a shame people could not offer help as quickly.....Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Composite cable 720p bad quality0