• 16(current)
[MOD] Home customization
Batemann Wrote:Bummer. I have used Showmix for a while, but in the new version the amount of views has diminished a little too much.

[offtopic] may i ask which views you're actually missing? [/offtopic]
cheers,azido :;):
temmi2000 Wrote:Should be solved in latest SVN.
Try 24000 or newer.

Use 24088. but it still has the problem. When I install this (lite) mod, it doesn't navigate anymore. I'll try it with the latest SVN, so I update this post later with my findings.

Edit: still have the problem.
Dannydeman Wrote:Use 24088. but it still has the problem. When I install this (lite) mod, it doesn't navigate anymore. I'll try it with the latest SVN, so I update this post later with my findings.

Edit: still have the problem.

Did you try any mod?
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
ouch! wrong thread!
temmi2000 Wrote:Did you try any mod?

I just use the latest version of Hitched. This is the only mod I tried.
azido Wrote:[offtopic] may i ask which views you're actually missing? [/offtopic]

Showcase. ;-)
Joy In Repitition
Batemann Wrote:Showcase. ;-)

then you will be pleased once again when our new multiplex view is out - as you get quite the same view as the old showcase with info set to trigger or off Wink

[/threadjacking]
cheers,azido :;):
CF2009 Wrote:Delete your Favourites.xml in your xbmc/userdata/ folder as it looks like you have a XML error in there

I have an error when i try to change settings in enable/disable items.
Its trying to load and its comming up with an favourites.py error.
I tried to delete my favourites.xml and it worked prefect again, but after i add 1 entry in my favourites its crashing.

Anyone have seen this before?

Quote:"SOLVED AFTER RESTART APPLETV Big Grin"
Hello sorry for my bad English.

I would like to know how to download the latest version of the Full Custom Home Menu Mod. If accessed via the download link http://github.com/cf2009/Aeon-Custom...enu/tree/0.9.4 I get the New simple Custom Home Menu Mod 0.9.5bv but not full.

Thanks
ok so i have serched the forums for an answer to this question, so if it's there i havent looked hard enough.....

How the heck do i install these mods, they are fantastic but evey time i attempt to install them, the wallpaper goes black, and i cant navigate with the keyboard only with the mouse, and then i have to revert to my backup copy of the skins. At first i thought i might be trying the mods on the wrong version of aeon. So i have tried this mod on Stark, Auriga, Hitched and all the same issue. So i have to be doing something wrong.

I followed the guide to using git hub to download the different versions of aeon (i followed the directions in this thread [AEON] HOW-TO download/install/update/test Aeon from its Git repository), could that possibly be where im going wrong... Im using Ubuntu 9.10 as my OS and the latest version of XBMC.

Any help would be great. My knowledge in all this is very basic, so the info could be right in front of me but I just don't understand it.

Cheers
outburst81 Wrote:and i cant navigate with the keyboard only with the mouse, and then i have to revert to my backup copy of the skins.

Similar issue on my XBMC.

I can't navigate through the homescreen. Settings screen for instance is just fine. What could be wrong?
Also not sure how to install this, i put it in my skin folder and it all messed up. Any help would be great
Doesn't seem to be working with the new version of xbmc. The arrow keys work for navigating the home menu if the mouse pointer is within the menu area, otherwise they do not... weird. The script doesn't even work anymore, returns a favourites.py error when trying to add a shortcut (deleted my favourites.xml and it still gave me the error)
NickMc53 Wrote:Doesn't seem to be working with the new version of xbmc. The arrow keys work for navigating the home menu if the mouse pointer is within the menu area, otherwise they do not... weird. The script doesn't even work anymore, returns a favourites.py error when trying to add a shortcut (deleted my favourites.xml and it still gave me the error)

Anyone with the mod experincing these problems:

- Can't navigate with arrow keys in home screen
- Get favourites.py script failed error when trying to add a favourite

try this link instead:

http://github.com/cf2009/Aeon-Customisation-Home-Menu/

and use the Download Source link in the top right (on the popup choose .zip for windows, .tar for linux)

Noob note: copy the files to the associated skin subdirectories, overwriting any existing files with the ones in the zip\tar (you should get prompted 30-odd times for files, and 3 or 4 times for directories)

That worked a charm for me AND added shedloads more functionality besides (as seen in some youtube vids of it).

Tested with Auriga, Auriga lite and Hitcher \ Hitched Mod

Hitched did seem to exhibit a weird cycling of backgrounds when in Settings -> Customise, which seemed to slow the interface down a lot, and crashed when i changed to the skin, but besides the slow down it seemed to be fully functional. It seemed to be caused by using a folder for the backdrop. As a workaround I found setting the backdrop to a static file worked fine.

Other quirks I've noticed:
- It's a little unstable (crashes a lot, more so with empty libraries I think)
- If you have empty libraries they don't show up on the home screen (e.g. Movies is missing! If there's no video sources defined then there's no 'Movies' option on the home screen. I've yet to confirm this but I believe it's to do with a line of 'library.hascontent' being used in the skin. I'm actually quite new to this so maybe a Dev could help out here)
- Sometimes the side menu doesn't work properly (you can't use it, and it won't go away). Closing XBMC and opening again seems to help with this...sometimes.

Well chuffed though Big Grin Definitely a step in the right direction. Hope this helps someone else too.

JD
Hi I Have Aeon 65 1.0. In setup mode-main menù object when I whant to add an HD folder xbmc write: there is no favourite.xml file.
Anyone solve the problem?
Thanks
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Home customization1