• 89(current)
[AppleTV] Broadcom Crystal HD Hardware Decoder Mini-PCIe Card support for Apple TV?
Plays fine under bcm70012 and bcm70015 as well as ffmpeg (MacBook). I do see some small audio discontinuities under all. These don't seem to effect playback as I don't see any framedrops or other twitchy behavior.

This is 1080p and if you are running under atv(osx) and have a bcm70015 card, the next beta will do some scaling to ease CPU usage, otherwise move to atv(linux) if you want 1080p video decode capability.
That is nice to hear. But that means that is something wrong with my settings on ATV, because the playback of 1080p is all shuttery. But the 720p runs smooth.

I have bcm70012, how do i check if i am running linux or osx? How do i do this "move to atv(linux)"?

Tnx for the help!
snoopy86 Wrote:That is nice to hear. But that means that is something wrong with my settings on ATV, because the playback of 1080p is all shuttery. But the 720p runs smooth.

I have bcm70012, how do i check if i am running linux or osx? How do i do this "move to atv(linux)"?

Tnx for the help!

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...he_AppleTV
snoopy86 Wrote:Hi.

I want to run movie on the lower spec and it does not run smooth.
On the apple tv are the latest drivers for crystalhd and tle leates night build of xbmc.

Movie:
Code:
Audio
ID/String                        : 2
Format                           : DTS
Format/Info                      : Digital Theater Systems
Format_Profile                   : MA
CodecID                          : A_DTS
Duration/String                  : 2h 35mn
BitRate_Mode/String              : Variable
Channel(s)/String                : 6 channels
ChannelPositions                 : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
SamplingRate/String              : 48.0 KHz
BitDepth/String                  : 24 bits
Language/String                  : English

Is there any solution to this?

Tnx

I would imagine it is the 6-channel DTS audio that is causing the problem? I believe others have mentioned this earlier.
compcentral Wrote:I would imagine it is the 6-channel DTS audio that is causing the problem? I believe others have mentioned this earlier.

No, it's a size issue, 1080p is just on the edge under atv(osx) with how we currently handle moving the picture around into renderer. I highly suggest moving to atv(linux) if you want 1080p decode. It's about 1/2 the CPU resources compared to atv(osx).
First, a HUGE thanks to davilla and his team for all of thier hard hard work on this project!

I just finished reading through nearly every post in this thread (took nearly all day). I just bought an AppleTV for $75 shipped and received it yesterday. I just wanted something for my 3 & 4 year old kids to use to watch "kid movies". I don't need it to be able to playback 1080p, but I do have a the occassional 720p movie that I'd like to be able to play. Since its only going to be on a 20" LCD, Divx/Xvid rips are fine for most of thier movies. If I have to, I could convert them all to a format that will play natively (but I prefer not to in case I want to watch something on the 55").

Anyway, I currently have the ATV patched and running xbmc 9.11 just to test and 720p is sluggish as expected, so I think I'm going to give the Crystal HD option a try.

My question is: are there plans for the crystal hd branch to be incorporated into the final dharma release? If so, I'll just wait until that happens before I put much more effort into this right now. If not, can someone point me in the right direction to get Dharma beta 2 on this with crystal hd support? Thanks.
compcentral Wrote:First, a HUGE thanks to davilla and his team for all of thier hard hard work on this project!

I just finished reading through nearly every post in this thread (took nearly all day). I just bought an AppleTV for $75 shipped and received it yesterday. I just wanted something for my 3 & 4 year old kids to use to watch "kid movies". I don't need it to be able to playback 1080p, but I do have a the occassional 720p movie that I'd like to be able to play. Since its only going to be on a 20" LCD, Divx/Xvid rips are fine for most of thier movies. If I have to, I could convert them all to a format that will play natively (but I prefer not to in case I want to watch something on the 55").

Anyway, I currently have the ATV patched and running xbmc 9.11 just to test and 720p is sluggish as expected, so I think I'm going to give the Crystal HD option a try.

My question is: are there plans for the crystal hd branch to be incorporated into the final dharma release? If so, I'll just wait until that happens before I put much more effort into this right now. If not, can someone point me in the right direction to get Dharma beta 2 on this with crystal hd support? Thanks.

crystal hd branch is already in Dharma, it was merged to trunk many moons ago.
davilla Wrote:crystal hd branch is already in Dharma, it was merged to trunk many moons ago.

Sweet. I didn't realize that... I normally only run Windows builds.

I don't suppose you could point me in the direction of a thread explaining how to get beta2 installed on the atv? I did a quick search but turned up nothing.

Thanks man.
compcentral Wrote:Sweet. I didn't realize that... I normally only run Windows builds.

I don't suppose you could point me in the direction of a thread explaining how to get beta2 installed on the atv? I did a quick search but turned up nothing.

Thanks man.

It's a sticky, http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=67078
Actually, I want to update my CrystalBuntu to Dharma Beta 2. Any pointers besides compiling something from scratch? I'll do some more searching, but that thread is insanely long (just like this one.. lol)
compcentral Wrote:Actually, I want to update my CrystalBuntu to Dharma Beta 2. Any pointers besides compiling something from scratch? I'll do some more searching, but that thread is insanely long (just like this one.. lol)

Any luck, got to do mine soon!?
4x ATV2's (v4.3) XBMC Frodo12.2. Raspberry Pi running MYSQL 5.5.31-0+wheezy1. NAS is a Drobo FS
Just to let you all know: Logicsupply lowered the price of the bcm70015 to 35usd !
Rainbow 
I just checked and the price is listed at $59. Is there a discount code for XBMC members?
I would be interested in selling ATV1 with the Crystal + Wifi chips
Now I have appletv with linux and crystal hd 7015. All 720 p is perfect. The 1080p MKV of 12-14 gb runs very good but sometimes i have some frame drop like the video suddenly goes faster for one second....then I see the frame drop.
I have a Pioneer KRP 500A that is 24 p capable and the video in XBMC set to 1920 1080 24p.
Some one can tell me how to solve this?
I have from 90 (the start always drops 90 frames) to 450 fps drops for film. It's so annoyingSad
  • 89(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] Broadcom Crystal HD Hardware Decoder Mini-PCIe Card support for Apple TV?9