Migrate Media Library from Linux to OSX
I use XBMC on my Kubuntu Linux laptop as well as my wife's MacBook simply to access files stored on my home server via a SMB share. I recently went to the effort of ensuring my library was accurate on my laptop. Is there any way I can simply transfer my library to my wife's MacBook? I had assumed I could simply tar up my ~/.xbmc/userdata directory and replace my wife's ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata directory. But alas it didn't work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
that's what export library is for
Thanks for the nudge in the right direction...it is shamefully simple in hindsight. A bit of reading now has me using the export separately feature, which has the downside that my video directory is now gummed up with files that are not useful when simply browsing the directory structure. Seeing how many posts there are related to synchronizing I'm assuming the answer is no, but is there a configuration within the XML that would override the exporting of thumbnails and nfo files to the same directory as the video file? Ideally I'd just create a separate directory for all xbmc video metadata.

Thanks again

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Migrate Media Library from Linux to OSX0