Home Videos
I posted this originally under the Transparency! skin forum but were told it is not a skin based question. I am really happy with xbmc and the movies, tv series and pictures works well, but I cannot seem to find a nice intuitive setup for my video clips (Home Videos).

Ideally I would like a separate section for these, with some basic sorting filtering around date. As a nice to have the ability to tag and filter/sort them with a few extra attributes would be excellent too, but I could live without that.

Anyone solved this problem?
This link on a different forum helped me (especially the 3rd post).

I set mine up as a TV show with each video being a different episode within any given year. For instance, all movies from 2002 are listed as an episode in "Season 2002". I didn't have a program to create the nfo files so it takes a little work to do that for each movie (can be done with a text editor), but not really a lot.

Here is a pic of my directory structure & file names:

Hope that helps a little. Big Grin
Thanks Amra, will give this a go. Was hoping for more native support though, but guess not many people are asking for this.

One way to implement this without changing the database schema and would be very flexible would be to extend xbmc to have the following:

- The ability to define custom views of the movies library. Each view would allow you to only include certain tags (genres) and exclude others. For example the "Movies" view could be set to exclude any movies with genre set to "home video" and the "Home videos" view could include only things marked with "Home Video"

- Alternative to the above would be the ability to add more libraries, with each view having its own library.

- The ability to add links to these top level views from the Home screen.

None of the above seem very complicated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Home Videos0