REQUEST: Plugin to copy file from thumbdrive to folder
Hi
I searched a long time but didn't find any script/Plugin that does what i would need...

It would be very nice if XBMC could copy a File or Folder to a specified folder via a command.

For example if a friend comes by and has a nice Movie/Picture/MP3 on his Thumbdrive/camera/external-HDD it would be nice if you could copy this file with an simple press of a view Buttons to your own Harddrive - there is no need of a progress Button or anything!

It would be awesome if you could just select the file press c on Keyboard and select "archive" or anything and the File/Folder is copied to an Folder you have written in the config file.

I don't think the script is that complicated, but i have absolutely no Phyton knowledge so i cannot do it by myself.

I think i am not the only one missing this feature!
nope. which is why there is a file manager.......
I'm somehow missing this feature too. The file manager is ok, but it's quiet hidden and not so obvious to find and then use.
What I would find nice is a popup message when you connect an external drive, more or less like in windows, asking whether you'd like to copy content of the drive somewhere else. With an option to disable it if it becomes annoying.
Or, as alternative, a "right click" function "copy to ..." on external drives.

I also wonder if such functions may be implemented in python, or if c++ is needed. I could try something, if it's python...and somebody pushes me in the right direction.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
REQUEST: Plugin to copy file from thumbdrive to folder0