Mark as Watched takes really long
Exclamation 
First, I'd like to say XBMC rules. I love it and you guys have made a huge difference to home entertainment. So I thank you for that. I do have a problem that I have been unable to resolve.

When I mark a movie as watched, XBMC seems to freeze for about 10 seconds or more before allowing me to do anything. This only happens on the movies collection, not on TV Shows, so I suspect its the size of the database, but i'm not sure. Then again, I only have a couple of hundred movies.

I'm using XBMC 9.10 on Mac OS X 10.5.7 on a 3 year old Macbook Pro.

Some background on this problem:
It has happened before. Every time I've had to start from scratch with a new database to fix it. Regardless, the fix has been temporary and the problem has crept back in. So there has to be more to it and hence my post.

Some info on the setup:
The laptop is playing both Movies and TV shows over the network at home, which is 100Mbps ethernet. The files are served from an Ubuntu 9.04 box running Samba. I have wireless turned off on the laptop when I run XBMC.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd also be more than happy to run tests.
Hi there, and welcome to the forums.

A full debug log with you marking a movie as watched would be useful.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Information 
As requested, I've uploaded the debug log here : http://pastebin.com/f28508646

The debug info starts at this line:
22:29:01 T:2684593952 M:1655222272 NOTICE: Enabled debug logging due to GUI setting

After I enabled debug logging, I navigated to Movies, marked one as watched and then shut down xbmc.

Hope this helps.
It's the video thumb extraction stuff. Turn it off, or wait for it to finish.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

The movie I marked as read already had a thumbnail. Shouldn't there be no need to regenerate it? Wouldn't that be a bug? Regardless, I'll disable the thumbnail generation and report back to see if that fixes it. Cheers.
Disabling the video thumb extraction did fix the problem. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mark as Watched takes really long0