adding mythtv to my current xbmc build
I have been running just xbmc alone on my linux pc for some time now. I grab the source from the SVN, compile and install. I was thinking of taking my hauppauge 1600 capture card out of my windows pc and putting it into my xbmc pc and installing mythtv. I had a few questions first before I started. I also made a backup of my current installation in case I have a problem.

- Can i just install mythtv to my current setup or should i start all over with a mythbuntu install?

- Can i watch live TV through my xbmc interface?
Motherboard P5N7A-VM, E8400 C2D 3.0 processor. NVIDIA 9300 graphics card. OpenELEC Stable - Generic x86_64 Version:3.2.4
If you are running a normal ubuntu installation, no reason you cannot install the mythtv software and TV card.

You can also watch mythtv recordings and live tv via the xbmc interface - search on how to use the myth:// source for xbmc.

In my last iteration at home, I was running 2 ubuntu boxes - one as a mythbackend where all my media is stored, and a mythfrontend connected to my cable box with firewire. I was running xbmc on all systems, and able to watch tv just fine.

Good luck!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
adding mythtv to my current xbmc build0