Why do Vobsub look so horrible?
Hello, I've been using XBMC for ages now but the problems with vobsubs are really bugging me these days. They just look awful on both my and my dads PC's. We're both using clean installs of XBMC and the vobsubs are way to big and misplaced. VLC/KMplayer and SMplayer display the subtitles approx the same which is perfect. But playing the same video and the same subtitles in XBMC..well.., I included screenshot of both XBMC and VLC, the rest of the players refused to include the subs in the screenshot but they look essentially the same as VLC.

XBMC:

VLC:

Is this a known bug/issue with XBMC and is there a workaround/fix?
Never mind the quality difference, i had to resize the XBMC screen coz it was 1080p.
You can change the sizes and fonts and colours in settings.
Also i believe you can also change the position of the subtitles.
stick with xbmc it's way ahead of VLC in every way possible once you get to grips with itSmile
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
I think the font settings are only for "non-picture" subs such as srt. Vobsubs are pictures being displayed over the video-image if i understand it correctly, and as such is not effected by fontsize in subtitle options.
This has been reworked recently. what version are you running?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hello elupus, the version i'm using is 9.04.1. I'll try the latest SVN and check if its fixed.

Update:
Alright i checked it now, You're correct Elupus as expected, I compared XBMC_for_Windows-9.04.1-repack2(todays Stable build) with XBMC Windows rev22427. And these are the screens.

(Stable) XBMC_for_Windows-9.04.1-repack2

XBMC_for_Windows_rev22427

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why do Vobsub look so horrible?0