• 6(current)
[RELEASE] Fox News Video
(2019-11-30, 00:19)jermo133 Wrote: Is this addon still supported?

It works for me on Kodi 18.5
(2019-11-30, 12:48)grendizer Wrote:
(2019-11-30, 00:19)jermo133 Wrote: Is this addon still supported?

It works for me on Kodi 18.5

Full episodes has been disabled for a few years now for some reason.
It appears that Fox News has modified their website code a bit; which, for me at least, broke this plugin.

For those even moderatlely technically minded, you can fix it in about two minutes or less.

Load up the plugin's default.py file in a text editor.
Go to line 136. It should be: subsubs = re.compile('"(.+?)">(.+?)<', re.DOTALL ).findall(match[0])
Change that line to: subsubs = re.compile('href="(.+?)">(.+?)<', re.DOTALL ).findall(match[0])
Save the file.
Done.

I am beginning to wonder the same as jermo133. Hopefully, divingmule or t1m will chime in here soon.
I thought there would be more response to the Fox News plugin not working. Has anyone experienced issues with this plugin in the last two days? Or is it just me?
(2019-12-05, 06:51)Botster Wrote: I thought there would be more response to the Fox News plugin not working. Has anyone experienced issues with this plugin in the last two days? Or is it just me?

I've had this issue for the past few days too.

How do I access the file: default.py  ?
(2019-12-05, 07:40)bluefrog Wrote: How do I access the file: default.py  ? 
It should be in the folder:   .kodi/addons/plugin.video.fox.news

I did not do much testing prior, but Botster's fix is working for me.
The location of the Kodi addon folder varies according to platform.

I wasn't able to quickly find a list of the various locations of the main Kodi data folder per platform, but I did find a list of where the userdata folder is located.

The Kodi addons folder is a sister folder to the userdata folder. So for Windows, the location of the addons folder should be:
C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons

And this plugin: C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.fox.news .
Since I am not the only one experiencing this issue, a bug report to this addon's repo is in order. However, I cannot find the repo. The Github link for this addon, published at https://kodi.tv/addon/plugins-video-add-ons/fox-news and Add-on:Fox_News (wiki), is 404 Not Found.

Does anyone know to whom or how I should report this issue of the missing addon repo? How do we get this fixed?
I spoke too early. I had a "fox news error" message when trying to enter a video list. Thanks Botster for the fix...
(2019-12-04, 06:23)Botster Wrote: It appears that Fox News has modified their website code a bit; which, for me at least, broke this plugin.

For those even moderatlely technically minded, you can fix it in about two minutes or less.

Go to line 136. It should be: subsubs = re.compile('"(.+?)">(.+?)<', re.DOTALL ).findall(match[0])
Change that line to: subsubs = re.compile('href="(.+?)">(.+?)<', re.DOTALL ).findall(match[0])
Save the file.
Done.

I am beginning to wonder the same as jermo133. Hopefully, divingmule or t1m will chime in here soon.
Thanks Boster, This fix got rid of the error message that was popping up but the video still won't play for me. I'm very new to Kodi, so maybe I have something set up wrong on my windows 10 machine.
(2019-12-07, 21:18)jermo133 Wrote:
(2019-12-04, 06:23)Botster Wrote: It appears that Fox News has modified their website code a bit; which, for me at least, broke this plugin.

Save the file.
Done.

Thanks Boster, This fix got rid of the error message that was popping up but the video still won't play for me. I'm very new to Kodi, so maybe I have something set up wrong on my windows 10 machine. 

YES !  I have success.

Important to note the existence (and location) of the 'single' and "double" quotes on the lines.  Such that the "href=" addition is 'inside' of the leading 'single quote', but "outside" of the first "double quote"...

Save the file.
Done.

Thanks. The Fox addon stopped working for me several days ago. Your suggestion fixed it perfectly.
We beed a OAN addon too Smile
(2019-12-05, 17:46)Botster Wrote: Since I am not the only one experiencing this issue, a bug report to this addon's repo is in order. However, I cannot find the repo. The Github link for this addon, published at https://kodi.tv/addon/plugins-video-add-ons/fox-news and Add-on:Fox_News (wiki), is 404 Not Found.

Does anyone know to whom or how I should report this issue of the missing addon repo? How do we get this fixed?
I am having issues with the Fox News add on, but I access the addon with a Raspberry PI and I don't see any way to access any files to edit them.  Any hints?  I'm pretty much a novice.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Fox News Video0