TV Show Dvds
Hi everyone,

Long time Xbox XBMC user, recently converted to XBMC for windows. I must say I am quite impressed this far! I just finished importing my 700+ DVD library using MyMovies and XBMC has picked up the xml & nfo file for each movie with fanart and all. I have it working nicely on a Acer Aspire One Netbook running Tiny 7. All I can say is WOW, performance is impressive!

Now I'm at a stage where I want to import my TV Seasons on DVD, but I want it to show up in the TV Shows tab (under the Mediastream Skin). From what I understand the scrapper picks up the episodes by file name (ie: 24 S01E01), however how can I do this with a TV DVD with VIDEO_TS file structure. I have created a new network directory on my SMB server named "TV Shows' (which is seperate then my dvd movies) and was planning on naming each folder by season and disc #, ie: 24 S01 D1

Is there a solution, or is this a limitation of XBMC with TV DVDs?
U can do an iso for every episode, or convert them to h264 (handbrake).
I did an extra ISO for Heroes, to get all correct voices and subs.
But for TVShows where no Subs needed I go for Handbrake. (Its I want 2 Languages, and with handbrake u can get only 1 sub)
Thanks Frozone,

So if I understand you correctly, I basically have to convert the DVDs using Frozone to an alternate format?
It does not have to be an alternate format. I use CloneDVD to create an iso for every episode. (Shrink may work) Its the fastest way.

But converting is fine to spare space.
This topic was just discussed and answered just afew threads down...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=52055
DVDShrink should be able to open your Video_TS folders and write them out to your new setup as ISO files.

Best to have each epsiode as a single ISO file. You can open multiple sessions of DVDShrink and run them using a great piece of free S/ware called MultiShrink 1.4. It'll cycle through all open sessions of DVDShrink without further user interaction.

Hope this helps and have fun Smile
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show Dvds0