• 6(current)
[LIVE/LINUX] Package of xboxdrv for Xbox 360 Controller support on XBMC Live
grumbel Wrote:& goes at the end, so yes, looks correct

I will try that when I get home. Thanks.
Well, I put an ampersand at the end and added 4 lines and now the controllers do work. The next problem I have with it is that the player light on the xbox 360 controllers are all the same (top left). Since my ultimate goal is to get all four of them working for the purpose of doing multiplayer in ROMs, I'm guessing I need to get it so that each one takes up their own light (top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right). Any advice on getting that working?
It appears that getting all of them to work was temporary or just a fluke. I can't get more than one to work again, and nothing changed.

When manually running the driver I get the same message:
"Error: Error couldn't claim the USB interface: Device or resource busy
Try to run 'rmmod xpad' and start xboxdrv again."

In answer to my last question, I guess I need to set -l 2 on the first, -l 3 on the second, etc in order for controller one to take up the top left, controller two to take up the top right?
alexpigment Wrote:When manually running the driver I get the same message:
"Error: Error couldn't claim the USB interface: Device or resource busy
Try to run 'rmmod xpad' and start xboxdrv again."
That means either xpad is running or xboxdrv is still running. Just kill whatever is keeping the interface busy.

Quote:In answer to my last question, I guess I need to set -l 2 on the first, -l 3 on the second, etc in order for controller one to take up the top left, controller two to take up the top right?
Or just leave it away completly, xboxdrv should be able to figure it out on its own (might need a little 'sleep 1' between starting the instances, as you might run into a race condition otherwise).
OK it actually seems to be working now. I should note that when it started working but the lights were the same, I went in to change the -l 2 value for each driver in the SH. As it turned out, I accidentally used the number 1 instead of the lowercase l. That's why it "magically" stopped working. Anyway, I changed those to the correct letter and now everything works. All the controllers are working now and the green leds are in the correct place on the wheel because of the -l incrementing for each driver. thanks for all your help grumbel; I apologize if it felt like you were teaching someone linux more than you were helping out on getting a driver to work. it is much appreciated.
Hi..... I'm a XBMC Live noob having passed over from windows and I'm after some help please!!

I wonder if someone could PLEASE post a quick step-by-step to get the xboxdrv 0.5 working on the latest live beta2 release (Ubuntu 10.4?)

I've looked through this thread and it's confusing the hell out of me as there are different instructions for different distros and multiple ways of doing the same thing.... HELP PLEASE!! Oo
zenji2010 Wrote:Hi..... I'm a XBMC Live noob having passed over from windows and I'm after some help please!!

I wonder if someone could PLEASE post a quick step-by-step to get the xboxdrv 0.5 working on the latest live beta2 release (Ubuntu 10.4?)

I've looked through this thread and it's confusing the hell out of me as there are different instructions for different distros and multiple ways of doing the same thing.... HELP PLEASE!! Oo

I can't help you out with 0.5, but I can with 0.48, and specifically the downloadable tarball file referenced at the top of the first post (xboxdrv_for_XBMC_live.v1.tar.gz). A few questions though:

1) Do you know how to FTP into your box?
2) Do you know how to SSH into your box?
3) What is your username on your box?
4) You have installed Beta2 on your hard drive right? (i.e. you're not running via USB/CD)
alexpigment Wrote:3) What is your username on your box?

5)what are your bank account details ?
6)where do you live ?
7)can i steal your identity ?

Laugh Wink
ASRock 330HT, XBMC Eden

smithr99 Wrote:5)what are your bank account details ?
6)where do you live ?
7)can i steal your identity ?

Laugh Wink

Well to be fair, I don't need it, but I'd rather not have to put in [insert username here] in all the instructions.
alexpigment Wrote:Well to be fair, I don't need it, but I'd rather not have to put in [insert username here] in all the instructions.

only yokin Tongue

great help with all the multiple controller stuff you've asked. i cant wait to get home and try it out on mine (assuming i can find enough batteries for all the controllers!)

just out of curiosity, have you tried yours with zsnes ? I paired mine first controller up from the zsnes gui and most of the controls seemed to map to J12, J13 etc. Just wondering if a second controller would be up in the region of J32,J33 etc etc ?
ASRock 330HT, XBMC Eden

alexpigment Wrote:I can't help you out with 0.5, but I can with 0.48, and specifically the downloadable tarball file referenced at the top of the first post (xboxdrv_for_XBMC_live.v1.tar.gz). A few questions though:

1) Do you know how to FTP into your box?
2) Do you know how to SSH into your box?
3) What is your username on your box?
4) You have installed Beta2 on your hard drive right? (i.e. you're not running via USB/CD)

Hi alexpigment thanks for the quick reply!
1) yep - think so...
2) yes
3) the only one i've used is 'xbmc' ... i think that's default...er...?
4) I've installed the beta2 onto a USB stick using the util BDW.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.....
smithr99 Wrote:just out of curiosity, have you tried yours with zsnes ? I paired mine first controller up from the zsnes gui and most of the controls seemed to map to J12, J13 etc. Just wondering if a second controller would be up in the region of J32,J33 etc etc ?

Not yet; work has been crazy and I'm only at my place (where the Revo is) for short periods of time lately. I plan on getting confused/frustrated/pissed-off with that stuff in the next week or so. The thing is, the system I want to work the most (N64) is apparently not one that many people talk about around here, so hopefully the emulator (Mupen64?) doesn't suck too bad. I would love to be doing some drunken 4-player MarioKart64 (shit-talking is a must) soon.

Back to Zsnes -> if you run into anything important that I should know about this, feel free to shoot me a PM.
zenji2010 Wrote:Hi alexpigment thanks for the quick reply!
1) yep - think so...
2) yes
3) the only one i've used is 'xbmc' ... i think that's default...er...?
4) I've installed the beta2 onto a USB stick using the util BDW.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.....

4) Does that mean that it's currently running off the USB stick (i.e. if you take the stick out, XBMC won't boot)?
alexpigment Wrote:4) Does that mean that it's currently running off the USB stick (i.e. if you take the stick out, XBMC won't boot)?

Yes mate, that's the one.... I'm after a drive-free system.
alexpigment Wrote:Not yet; work has been crazy and I'm only at my place (where the Revo is) for short periods of time lately. I plan on getting confused/frustrated/pissed-off with that stuff in the next week or so. The thing is, the system I want to work the most (N64) is apparently not one that many people talk about around here, so hopefully the emulator (Mupen64?) doesn't suck too bad. I would love to be doing some drunken 4-player MarioKart64 (shit-talking is a must) soon.

Back to Zsnes -> if you run into anything important that I should know about this, feel free to shoot me a PM.

no problem. im probly gonna give mupen64 a go at the weekend too. 4 player Goldeneye, oh how ive missed you !!
ASRock 330HT, XBMC Eden

• 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE/LINUX] Package of xboxdrv for Xbox 360 Controller support on XBMC Live1