• 9(current)
[LIVE/LINUX] Package of xboxdrv for Xbox 360 Controller support on XBMC Live
alexpigment Wrote:I can tell you that getting the controllers to work with the emulators (zsnes, mupen64) was not really a problem.

you have mupen64plus working ? I've been struggling with that for a while. Cant seem to get anything other than 1.5 working (which is installed using apt), but its quite buggy and slow on audio

you got any tips ?
ASRock 330HT, XBMC Eden

malte Wrote:Sorry for being off topic here. I wrote it (still writing) and I don't take it as an offence of course but it would be great if you just drop a line in the scripts' thread when you see problems like this. Otherwise the author can't improve it.

BTW: I added a new section to the documentation that explains how to add items that are not shown in the examples (not good if you have to write a documentation for your documentationSmile). Also changed the path to "RCB install dir/applaunch.sh". Should be more clear now what it means.

Malte,

Of course, my apologies for reporting problems with RCB in a completely unrelated thread Smile . In fact, I read through *most* of the ~50 pages of the official thread last night after posting in here. The only reason I mentioned the problems was to explain my decision to try Launcher instead. If/when I go down the RCB route again, I'll surely come ask questions in the right place. Thanks for the reply.
smithr99 Wrote:you have mupen64plus working ? I've been struggling with that for a while. Cant seem to get anything other than 1.5 working (which is installed using apt), but its quite buggy and slow on audio

you got any tips ?

I was able to run MarioKart 64 via launcher a few days ago. I tested the Start button on my 360 and confirmed that it actually went to the next screen of the game. It was probably v1.5 because i just did 'sudo apt-get install mupen64plus'. There are still hurdles that I haven't had time to figure out though. The game was in the top left corner of my screen in windowed mode, the controller buttons were also being used in XBMC in the background, I'm not sure there was any sound, etc.
so I got my controller, plugged it in the usb slot. paired it... it was controlling xbmc but when launching a mednafen or Zsnes game it would not work.

im guessing i might have to configure mednafen or Zsnes for this controller?

when pressing buttons when in game play I could hear the controller controlling xbmc in the background.

-=Jason=-
Jason,

To configure Zsnes, run it without the -m argument. Then while Zsnes is open, press Esc and you can configure the joystick in the Game Input section (or whatever it's called). I should note that I needed to use a mouse to click on the "Set Buttons" button.

Anyway, after you're done, put the -m argument back in.

Regarding controlling XBMC in the background, YEP. That's the point at which I left off last. Zosky gave me some tips in the Launcher plugin thread, but I haven't had any luck with it yet:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35739&page=73
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35739&page=75

Good luck.
alexpigment Wrote:Jason,

To configure Zsnes, run it without the -m argument. Then while Zsnes is open, press Esc and you can configure the joystick in the Game Input section (or whatever it's called). I should note that I needed to use a mouse to click on the "Set Buttons" button.

Regarding controlling XBMC in the background, YEP. That's the point at which I left off last. Zosky gave me some tips in the Launcher plugin thread, but I haven't had any luck with it yet:

Good luck.

i dont have this problem. originally when i was first mucking around with the 360 controllers, I had created a new keymap so i could use them to navigate in xbmc as well as play on zsnes. i found it a bit annoying, so i got rid of my keymap and just use the controller for playing roms. i use my harmony one to control all other aspects of xbmc
ASRock 330HT, XBMC Eden

smithr99 Wrote:i dont have this problem. originally when i was first mucking around with the 360 controllers, I had created a new keymap so i could use them to navigate in xbmc as well as play on zsnes. i found it a bit annoying, so i got rid of my keymap and just use the controller for playing roms. i use my harmony one to control all other aspects of xbmc

One of the reasons I use the xbox360 controller is the trigger fast-scrolling. I have a folder of around 2500 or so music videos and it's essential for things like this. Does the harmony have buttons for fast scrolling?
alexpigment Wrote:One of the reasons I use the xbox360 controller is the trigger fast-scrolling. I have a folder of around 2500 or so music videos and it's essential for things like this. Does the harmony have buttons for fast scrolling?

what ever the command is to have that trigger fast scrolling it can be adapted to the harmony, just need to figure out what command the trigger is sending.

-=Jason=-
I may eventually look into a harmony. For now, I put in a feature request on the launcher plugin page for the option to disable the keymaps while a game is launched
Flomaster Wrote:what ever the command is to have that trigger fast scrolling it can be adapted to the harmony, just need to figure out what command the trigger is sending.

-=Jason=-

^
|
|
what he said Nod
ASRock 330HT, XBMC Eden

alexpigment Wrote:Jason,

Good luck.

alex would you mind doing a pastebin of your ~/.zsnes/zinput.cfg file?

I do not have a mouse, and my wireless mouse doesn't seem to be working at all not in xbmc with the mouse option enabled or in the emulator. so I need to change that config file manually

-=Jason=-
Flomaster Wrote:alex would you mind doing a pastebin of your ~/.zsnes/zinput.cfg file?

I do not have a mouse, and my wireless mouse doesn't seem to be working at all not in xbmc with the mouse option enabled or in the emulator. so I need to change that config file manually

-=Jason=-

I'm not near my box with zsnes on it at the moment, but I'll do so when I get a chance.
here's the first 2 controllers configured for zsnes. I'm just pasting parts of mine so I don't have to find some service to host the file:

Code:
; Player 1 Input
; Input Device: 0 = Unplugged, 1 = KEYBOARD/GAMEPAD
pl1contrl=1
; Keys for Select, Start, Up, Down, Left, Right, X, A, L, Y, B, R
pl1selk=276
pl1startk=277
pl1upk=266
pl1downk=267
pl1leftk=268
pl1rightk=269
pl1Xk=273
pl1Ak=271
pl1Lk=274
pl1Yk=272
pl1Bk=270
pl1Rk=275
; Turbo Keys for A, B, X, Y, L, R
pl1Atk=0
pl1Btk=0
pl1Xtk=0
pl1Ytk=0
pl1Ltk=0
pl1Rtk=0
; Diagonal Keys for Up-Left, Up-Right, Down-Left, Down-Right
pl1ULk=0
pl1URk=0
pl1DLk=0
pl1DRk=0

; Player 2
; Input Device: 0 = UNPLUGGED, 1 = Keyboard/Gamepad
pl2contrl=1
; Keys for Select, Start, Up, Down, Left, Right, X, A, L, Y, B, R
pl2selk=301
pl2startk=302
pl2upk=291
pl2downk=292
pl2leftk=293
pl2rightk=294
pl2Xk=298
pl2Ak=296
pl2Lk=299
pl2Yk=297
pl2Bk=295
pl2Rk=300
; Turbo Keys for A, B, X, Y, L, R
pl2Atk=0
pl2Btk=0
pl2Xtk=0
pl2Ytk=0
pl2Ltk=0
pl2Rtk=0
; Diagonal Keys for Up-Left, Up-Right, Down-Left, Down-Right
pl2ULk=0
pl2URk=0
pl2DLk=0
pl2DRk=0
EDIT: thanks Alex I have 2 controllers working now for Zsnes ZOMG yes....

score I configured my two controllers for Mednafen only problem I have now it how do I exit out of a game?

-=Jason=-
In the zsnesl.cfg file, put the following in place of what is currently there:

; Quit ZSNES / Load Menu / Reset Game / Panic Key
KeyQuickExit=280
KeyQuickLoad=0
KeyQuickRst=0
KeyResetAll=7

I think the =280 is the important part (the rest is all default). That way, pressing the right thumbstick button on controller 1 will exit zsnes.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE/LINUX] Package of xboxdrv for Xbox 360 Controller support on XBMC Live1