• 15(current)
[LIVE/LINUX] Package of xboxdrv for Xbox 360 Controller support on XBMC Live
alexpigment Wrote:Entirely understandable. With that said, the two are not mutually exclusive. At my girlfriend's place, we use the two interchangeably to control XBMC. No setting changes are required to switch back and forth and you could use them at the same time if you wanted.

The only gotcha is that having the xbox 360 controller keymap means that when in an emulator the controller is controlling XBMC *and* the game at the same time. Since so many people were running into this, the 'workaround' is to have a kill script that kills XBMC when you launch the game, then returns to XBMC when you end the game. The added benefit is that your CPU and RAM are not being eaten up by XBMC. I believe some Launcher plugins (Advanced Launcher, ROM Collection Browser, etc) have a mode like this already built in.

Got it working how I wanted following your guide last night. Left out step 5 but also didn't edit the jaunty script in step 6 because I only have 1 controller.

Worked pretty much straight away in zsnes - just needed to map the controls across. Mame wouldn't work at all which frustrated me for a bit until I decided to check mame.ini and found that joystick wasn't enabled there. Fixed that and then Mame all worked too.

Spot on - thanks for the assist. I'll have a think about what you said putting the 360 keymap in too. I had read about the Launcher xbmc kill/pause script and may look at that depending on how my emus appear to run going forward.
Thx for this great guide ! I've succesfully set up an xbox360 controller under Dharma XBMC-Live only for using Gens/GS a Sega Genesis emulator. After mapping the buttons in gens averything worked as I wanted except one thing.
I can't exit with the controller.
Btw I dont have a keymap.xml file as I would rather control XBMC with my remote and I don't have a problem with controlling xbmc while gaming either.
Is there a way to map one of the xbox buttons to the keyboards ESC function ?
Haohmaru Wrote:Thx for this great guide ! I've succesfully set up an xbox360 controller under Dharma XBMC-Live only for using Gens/GS a Sega Genesis emulator. After mapping the buttons in gens averything worked as I wanted except one thing.
I can't exit with the controller.
Btw I dont have a keymap.xml file as I would rather control XBMC with my remote and I don't have a problem with controlling xbmc while gaming either.
Is there a way to map one of the xbox buttons to the keyboards ESC function ?

Unfortunately, there's not an easy way from what I understand. Here's a thread that may be of help to you:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...=roms+revo

One of the people in there talks about doing a theoretical workaround via joy2keys.
alexpigment Wrote:Unfortunately, there's not an easy way from what I understand. Here's a thread that may be of help to you:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...=roms+revo

One of the people in there talks about doing a theoretical workaround via joy2keys.

Since my last post I've made it succesfully. I just needed to add this to the end of the command line in the .sh file.

Code:
--ui-buttonmap "guide=KEY_ESC"

Sadly I've a much greater problem now. When I start a rom exactly after 10 minutes the screen goes blank. It's like a sleeper timer but that's off in xbmc. Weird is that the emu sound and controlls are still working.

Do you have any idea how to fix that ? Huh

Edit :

After doing some research to fix this issue I had to edit xorg.conf

Code:
Section "ServerFlags"
Option "blank time" "0"
Option "standby time" "0"
Option "suspend time" "0"
Option "off time" "0"
EndSection
Will we ever see XBMC Live with fully functional XBOX 360 controller support built in so we don't have to go through all this setup each time?
Haohmaru Wrote:Since my last post I've made it succesfully. I just needed to add this to the end of the command line in the .sh file.

Code:

Sadly I've a much greater problem now. When I start a rom exactly after 10 minutes the screen goes blank. It's like a sleeper timer but that's off in xbmc. Weird is that the emu sound and controlls are still working.

Edit :

Code:
Section "ServerFlags"
Option "blank time" "0"
Option "off time" "0"
EndSection

Thanks for this, really needed those options Smile

Now all i need do is sort out why, if both wireless xbox 360 controllers are plugged in to the usb charging cable at start, using the init.d script posted on another thread , the driver refuses to load Smile
-= My Media Centre =-
ACER Revo R3610 | x2 1.5TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drives (WD15EADS) | x2 2.0TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drive ( WD15EARS ) | 3.5in Black eSATA USB Trayless SATA External Hard Drive Enclosure | Emprex 3009URF Wireless MCE Remote Control | XBMCLive Dharma Beta1
Haohmaru Wrote:Since my last post I've made it succesfully. I just needed to add this to the end of the command line in the .sh file.

Code:

Edit :

Code:
Section "ServerFlags"
Option "blank time" "0"
Option "off time" "0"
EndSection

Thanks for the fix for the screen blanking while running emulators, but it seems as though adding that to xorg.conf disables the auto shutdown feature in xbmc... Anyone else experiencing this problem?
hi guys, i tried to use both keymap (darwin and tom's) file you told in the first post, but still when i push the triggers, the right analog stops to work.

i'm using a wired xbox1 controller.

any fix?
alexpigment Wrote:While this is indeed useful, I think it still doesn't get around the fact that you have to download a special file (in this case, the keymap). grumbel (xboxdrv creator) is working with others right now to create a driver which includes wireless chatpad support. At that point, I will redo my tutorial steps and hopefully get it down to 3-4 steps or less.

Thanks for the input either way. I'll take this into consideration when I rewrite it.

Just wanted know if this has happened yet ? chatpad would be perfect

Code:

Thanks for that info. Unfortunately I couldn't ever get it to work in the command line. I did however get it to work when using a config file and this guide for xboxdrv. BUT as soon as I change
Code:
GUIDE=BTN_MODE
[b]TO[/b]
GUIDE=KEY_ESC
my d-pad gets all messed up. As soon as I change
Code:
GUIDE=KEY_ESC
[b]Back to[/b]
GUIDE=BTN_MODE
my d-pad is fine. Sad I feel so close.

Any ideas??

This is my config file, its just stock:
Code:
# XBMC Configuration
# ==================
#
# This configuration file that with XBMC by emulating a wireless
# Xbox360 controller connected to the xpad kernel driver. It uses the
# configuration files that come with XBMC, so it should work out of
# the box without any further configuration of XBMC.
#
# This file is identical to 'xpad-wireless.xboxdrv', except the
# workaround for the trigger issue in XBMC.

[xboxdrv]
ui-clear = true
extra-devices=false
extra-events=false
deadzone=4000
device-name = "Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver"

[ui-buttonmap]
A=BTN_A
B=BTN_B
X=BTN_X
Y=BTN_Y

DU=BTN_0
DD=BTN_1
DL=BTN_LEFT
DR=BTN_RIGHT

START=BTN_START
GUIDE=BTN_MODE
BACK=BTN_BACK

LB=BTN_TL
RB=BTN_TR

TL=BTN_THUMBL
TR=BTN_THUMBR

[ui-axismap]
X1=ABS_X
Y1=ABS_Y

X2=ABS_RX
Y2=ABS_RY

# The resp filter moves the neutral position to zero to work around a
# bug in XBMC, that causes bogus events when neutral position is
# elsewhere. It loses a bit of precision in the trigger as result, but
# that isn't noticable.
LT^resp:127:255=ABS_Z
RT^resp:127:255=ABS_RZ

# EOF #
I just installed Eden beta 3 today and the controller gets recognized, but none of the buttons seem to work. Anyone gotten this working? It's possible I borked the install process I guess, but I've tried twice. Anyone had any experience with Eden yet?
Upgrade to Eden B3 on Live. Some how the start button on xbox360 controller is add coin and the middle silver is start, but all is working with Advanced Launcher and Mame emu

But as soon as I exit ADv Launcher/ROM Collection browsers then all goes mad. XBMC flickers and jumps back to Launcher and then black screen. I have to reset xbmc.

THe DPAD controls xbmc and the right stick volume. all is working.
OK, got it working after following this nice tutorial from josephdyland:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=770296&postcount=1

However, my left and right bumper buttons don't work anymore. Previously, the right bumper gave a context menu, and there's seemingly no replacement for that. Any idea how to get these reassigned?
does anyone know how to get this working on the latest crystalbuntu?
(2012-02-11, 07:36)alexpigment Wrote: I just installed Eden beta 3 today and the controller gets recognized, but none of the buttons seem to work. Anyone gotten this working? It's possible I borked the install process I guess, but I've tried twice. Anyone had any experience with Eden yet?

How did you mange to fix this ? I can get it to connect however the nothing else. Buttons dont do anything.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE/LINUX] Package of xboxdrv for Xbox 360 Controller support on XBMC Live1