[RELEASE] LiveTV.ru (Video) Plugin - Play Sopcast Streams
spozen Wrote:P2P4U is kinda like Justin.TV, the streams are easy to view but are a pain to watch, it has extreme jitter sometimes and sound goes out of sync, etc... But that might just be the streams i watch i guess...

I must admit I've only tried P2P4U on the one night but it worked very well for me then. If watching through xbmc the sound being out of sync can be easily fixed by the user though (through the audio settings in the player) so I still think this could be a handy addition. With regards to your earlier post - I only use xbox so afraid I can't comment on the sopcast streams - they are not available to me Sad
hi,

thanks for this plugin. Ive installed onto my Acer Revo 3610 with ubuntu minimal install. The only issue i have is no sound. The picture quality is pretty good.

I have the same issue with the sound as per above. Cannot initialize, or something to that effect.

any tips would be greatfull

brendan
i assume still there is no windows support
patstew Wrote:I've made a plugin for livetv.ru, which has links to live sports (Premiership football etc.), similar to myp2p.eu. Currently I've only tested it on linux. It supports mms, sopcast and justin.tv streams currently.

To play the sopcast streams you need to have sopcast for linux installed. Sopcast is packaged for arch and ubuntu at least. If you can't find a package you can get it here. You will need to extract sp-sc-auth to /usr/bin/sp-sc.

To play justin.tv streams correctly the Justin.tv plugin needs to be in .xbmc/plugins/video/Justin.tv. The LiveTV.ru plugin should be extracted into .xbmc/plugins/video/.

Hopefully I will get a chance to port sopcast support to windows, and possibly add tvants support. Please let me know if you have any suggestions/criticisms, this is the first bit of python I've written.

Download Here

Thanks to voinage for the basic plugin layout, sopcast-player for the way to get sp-sc's buffer status, the Justin.tv plugin authors, whose plugin is (ab)used by mine, and to the XBMC team.

Brilliant I always use soapcast on my laptop now i can use it on my tv!

Any chance you could put down some instructions on how to install this on to XBMCLive or place it on SVN repos as its the only way i know how to get plugins working.
I think I have figured it out.

I transferred the live TV plugin and sopcast files to the correct folders and alreday had the justin tv plugin downloaded via SVN Repo.

However, I can't get it to work.

I can get into live TV and the stream selection screens but whne i try to stream anything i either get the message 'invalid user or not a live stream' from justin tv. Or if i click on one of the MMS streams nothing happens (I've left it for 10 minutes in case it was buffering).

I read on the justin tv plugin page that its currently not working but I can't get any of the MMS stream working and i have not been able to find any soapcast streams.

Any Ideas?
Sorry I haven't really done anything with this for quite a while. I may get round to fixing it sometime, but it's unlikely I'll do it in the next couple of weeks.
Thank you for this great script.
Something happend to the script lately, and while I can see the games when I click to go into the broadcast options of a specific game I always get an empty list.
orduek Wrote:Thank you for this great script.
Something happend to the script lately, and while I can see the games when I click to go into the broadcast options of a specific game I always get an empty list.
I get the same thing. I have sp-sc in /usr/bin/.

This is the first time I have installed it, and don't know if I did something wrong, or it is in fact 'broken'. But I do get similar results to orduek.
orduek Wrote:Thank you for this great script.

Hi all, I checked this out last night, and noticed the same thing. The livetv.ru web site has changed, and the 'scraping' that the plugin does doesn't work anymore.

I've spent some time updating the scraping in the plugin last night, and I can get it to display the list of sports, and the list of games for each sport. However I'm running into trouble with the list of channels for each game.

The livetv.ru site does not contain the actual links to the media streams anymore for most channel types. Instead it redirects to other web sites that offer the streams. The only type of stream I could extract is sopcast streams, as the site still contains the full sop:// URLs. I suppose they did this to make sure the other websites can keep their ad revenue, while sopcast is p2p anyways so it doesn't matter much.

If people are happy with just sopcast streams, I'll try to update the plugin for that tomorrow, and try to post it somewhere.
Hi all,

I have been streaming media from this site for a long time, and sinds a few months I also use XBMC. This would really be a great plugin. Mostly I use sopcast, so if there would only be sopcast streams I would still be very happy.

Wish I had the skills to develop this, but I simply don't know anything about this.

Thnx for helping.
R-Nol Wrote:Hi all,

I have been streaming media from this site for a long time, and sinds a few months I also use XBMC. This would really be a great plugin. Mostly I use sopcast, so if there would only be sopcast streams I would still be very happy.

Wish I had the skills to develop this, but I simply don't know anything about this.

Thnx for helping.

+1, or that the plugin will work with livetv.ru.

Btw is this plugin also for windows?
I would realy love to have a plugin that works with sopcast or livetv.ru, al matches all competitions,
Would be a real good addition to my xbmc.

Cheers
patstew Wrote:oops that subprocess line shouldn't be there anyway, thanks. It's supposed to be the new way to launch other applications with python, but I can't get it to work on linux either. It does import on linux, but using it throws an OSError.
I was considering making it so that the script could attempt to launch sopcast on another computer from xbox, that's probably the best possible, there will never be a working sopcast on xbox native.

On an atv2 but have a server with sopcast on it-did you ever figure out a way to control sopcast over network?
Just noticed that there's some interest in this, I'll try and fix it up in a week or two once my term is finished.

nikc0069: no, I think it would require writing a simple python server to control sopcast.
patstew Wrote:Just noticed that there's some interest in this, I'll try and fix it up in a week or two once my term is finished.

nikc0069: no, I think it would require writing a simple python server to control sopcast.

defintely some interest in this Smile
ASRock 330HT, XBMC Eden

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] LiveTV.ru (Video) Plugin - Play Sopcast Streams1