launchplayer from advancedsettings.xml not working
Hi,

I am running xbmc svn 20654 and i cannot launch a movie with the external player.
It used to work with xbmc atlantis with the same advancesettings.xml file.

In the debug log I get :
18:11:18 T:2756684688 M:730951680 NOTICE: ExecuteAppLinux: "" "/movie1.mkv"
18:11:18 T:2756684688 M:731021312 INFO: LIRC Initialize: sucessfully started on: /dev/lircd
18:11:18 T:2756684688 M:731021312 NOTICE: ExecuteAppLinux: Failure: 32512

It seems that xbmc is not reading the settings from the xml file, although in the debug log it shows the file has been parsed:

17:31:03 T:3055355744 M:801136640 NOTICE: Loaded advancedsettings.xml from special://profile/advancedsettings.xml

Here are the relevant lines from ~/.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml:
<launchplayer>
<defaultplayer>false</defaultplayer>
<filename>/usr/local/bin/mplayer</filename>
<args>-fs -vc coreserve 1>/dev/null 2>&1</args>
</launchplayer>

Any ideas anybody ?
Instead of advancedsettings.xml you may have to utilize the file playercorefactory.xml depending on your build. Check out the examples.
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.
Thanks for your help.
According to the link you sent the method with playercorefactory.xml is available only from build r20983. I am running r20654 so this does not apply in my case.

However I realized that the old launchplayer tag in advancedsettings.xml has been changed to externalplayer. I am not sure this is a good idea tp brake compatibility, but... at least it works for me now!

nicoli_k Wrote:Instead of advancedsettings.xml you may have to utilize the file playercorefactory.xml depending on your build. Check out the examples.
Sorry for overlooking the revision number you stated in your first post. At least now you have a heads up for whenever you decide to update your build. Good to hear you got it working again.
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.
nicoli_k Wrote:At least now you have a heads up for whenever you decide to update your build. Good to hear you got it working again.

Indeed I upgraded to the latest SVN build and took advantage of the new features: now all my 1080p movies are launched by default with the external player. Groovy!
Thanks again for helping out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
launchplayer from advancedsettings.xml not working0