Windows developers, are you planning on upgrading to Windows 7?
Win7 is a pretty decent OS. It pretty much never crashes and has great driver support (unless you're trying to install a cheap printer. I hate printer makers).
I'm giving W7 a go, so far it's decent and seems to work well enough (32bit version) .. the box came with vista 64bit (horrible and bloated by HP junk), it's way better then that, i don't have VT support, so i can't try the xp mode, but i'm looking forward to that when i swap the cpu.

I'll try the 64bit when it gets here on a test box, but have no plans the 64bit version on my dev box.

I'm hoping to get into directx development later this year, of course i need to work on general code skills before i do that. So W7 looks like it'll be on at least one primary rig.
A good question to ask is... does Windows 7 provide any 'benefit' over XP specifcally for XBMC?

(for performance, stability, graphics, etc)
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
It provides EVR so in theory and what I have seen first hand, better video quality.

Kryspy
Kryspy Wrote:It provides EVR so in theory and what I have seen first hand, better video quality.
EVR is not being used by XBMC. Unless I'm not mistaken not even by the very recent DirectX version.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows developers, are you planning on upgrading to Windows 7?0