What would make XBMC complete for me
Hi, i'm an almost new user to XBMC, after trying several different open source media center i decided to settle with XBMC its the best looking and most complete one. Thank you very much!!

However i have some small things that would be awesome if XBMC would have them:

* Script to integrate a torrent client within XBMC (in a nice way, progress bars, adding/removing/pausing torrents) i tried to port the plugin from xbmc with no luck :-(.

* A Flickr/Picassa script/plugin that would integrate with the picture view that would let me upload pictures to my account.

* Improved Pictures it could allow: Showing the comments EXIF field while showing each picture full screen. Ordering by EXIF date. Showing other relevant EXIF information in the fullscreen view as an overlay (how was the picture taken). More transition effects in slideshow mode. A way to add information to the comment EXIF field. A way to tag pictures.

* DAAP client that works with the latests iTunes. Currently i have to use firefly, it would be awesome if XBMC would have one included.

Once again,
Thank you very much for making XBMC the great media center it is.
Regarding 3, press Info while in the slideshow. I believe this is fully skinnable.

Regarding 4, Apple changed protocols - it's completely closed source, and unlikely to be reverse engineered by anyone. Go complain to them.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

dgnzgnz Wrote:Script to integrate a torrent client within XBMC (in a nice way, progress bars, adding/removing/pausing torrents) i tried to port the plugin from xbmc with no luck :-(.

Deluge has a web ui that should be fairly easy to parse in some kind of xbmc script/plugin. Or it would be easy to create a theme that returns an xml-like format instead of the current html themes.
csbook Wrote:Deluge has a web ui that should be fairly easy to parse in some kind of xbmc script/plugin. Or it would be easy to create a theme that returns an xml-like format instead of the current html themes.
Don't forget to release this when you're done. Nod
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
jmarshall Wrote:Regarding 3, press Info while in the slideshow. I believe this is fully skinnable.

Regarding 4, Apple changed protocols - it's completely closed source, and unlikely to be reverse engineered by anyone. Go complain to them.

Cheers,
Jonathan

On #3, cool, i did not know that, i will try!

On #4, there are some open source projects that it seems have already manage to do this, currently i am using firefly daap server with the latest iTunes, but i would rather use XBMC for it.
Quote:On #4, there are some open source projects that it seems have already manage to do this, currently i am using firefly daap server with the latest iTunes, but i would rather use XBMC for it.
No there aren't. iTunes 6 can't even connect to iTunes 7 or higher - they broke their own application. iTunes CAN connect to DAAP servers (such as iTunes 6 or firefly) but that's the other way around.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:No there aren't. iTunes 6 can't even connect to iTunes 7 or higher - they broke their own application. iTunes CAN connect to DAAP servers (such as iTunes 6 or firefly) but that's the other way around.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Oh, sorry, i just realized of the mistake i made. I actually meant a DAAP server, not a client. My bad.
jmarshall Wrote:Regarding 3, press Info while in the slideshow. I believe this is fully skinnable.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Regarding item 3, is it possible to always show the comment while viewing the pictures as an overlay? Is it possible to only show some of the EXIF tags in the information overlay window? Would it be possible to keep the information overlay open while going on to the next picture?
Who the hell uses Itune anyways? That software is garbage.. so many better media organizers (media monkey being one of them)
dgnzgnz Wrote:Regarding item 3, is it possible to always show the comment while viewing the pictures as an overlay? Is it possible to only show some of the EXIF tags in the information overlay window? Would it be possible to keep the information overlay open while going on to the next picture?

I think what JMarshall meant by "this is fully skinnable" is that it is up to the skinners when this info gets displayed.

So, yeah, it's possible, but someone (you?) will have to add the support to the skin...

You may want to poke around a bit in the default skin and see if you can make that happen.

Look for what action happens when the 'info' button is pressed and see if you can make that happen by default.

-Wes

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What would make XBMC complete for me0