VDPAU SD Upscale Broken?
I just realized I had bilinear instead of VDPAU turned on as far as upscaling my non-HD content. I turned it on and now XBMC does an immedate crash the moment I play any SD video.

Is this a known bug or should I post up some crashlogs for debugging?

Just don't want to double-post if this is already a known issue.

And if so, what's the filter type you all do use for your SD upscaling? Bilinear didn't look so hot.
same happens for me on my ION - but i bellive that is because
ION cannot handle the latest feature of VDPAU SD upscaling - only a few
nvidia cards who currently support it.

Atleast that is what i was thinking...
PointOfView Nvidia ION Atom 330 - TRANSCEND 2GB DDR2 DIMM 800MHz - G.SKILL 64GB SSD 2.5
Open Elec Beta4 1.95.4
XBMC Online Manual - HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner - Create/View Bug Report
Setup/Fix correct resolution on XBMC/Ubuntu - Usefull linux terminal commands
Ah, that would explain it. I am using a Mac Mini which is similar to the Ion in video card -- So you're right I bet. That's gotta be it.

So what are you using to do your upscaling on the Ion? I am seriously thinking of selling the mini and buying and Ion and pocketing the rest, the Ion costs half what I bought the Mini for.
Well at the moment im using "bicubic" uppscaling since
the others take to much cpu so im left with stuttery picture.

There is a thread in here somwhere who does discuss the latest VDPAU SD upscaling features. We still dont know if nvidia will "enable" the upscaling feature on the ION.

However the ION plays 720 and 1080 just fine.
PointOfView Nvidia ION Atom 330 - TRANSCEND 2GB DDR2 DIMM 800MHz - G.SKILL 64GB SSD 2.5
Open Elec Beta4 1.95.4
XBMC Online Manual - HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner - Create/View Bug Report
The-Boxhead - When you say you are using "bicubic" upscaling do you mean that's what you're using under 'High Quality Software Upscaling'? I have an Asrock ION 330 and can't get any software upscaling to work without massive stuttering.
Yes i have enabled High Quality sofware Upscaling" for sd content only. and method is "bicubic"

however to get it to work i had also to enable the "adjust refresh rate"
and disable any audio sync features.
Open Elec Beta4 1.95.4
I didn't try that, but I will. Was there a noticeable difference with it on?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VDPAU SD Upscale Broken?0