xUbuntu 9.04 (Jaunty)
XBMC 9.04 (Babylon?)
Linux Kernel: 2.6.28-14-generic

Hardware: Custom built HTPC
i386
Chip: Core 2 Duo Penryn, 32-bit (e8400)
Chipset: P43
Motherboard: ASUS P5QL/EPU
Video card: Nvidia 9800 GTX (OC'd from the factory)
NVIDIA driver: Linux-x86-185.18.36 (just updated tonight from 185.18.14).

Side note: Running QJoyPad software to enable use of a Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2 as my 'remote control' for my home entertainment/HTPC setup.

Problem: On boot up, XBMC launches fine. It displays a box in the bottom right that notifies it has detected the wireless logitech device and plays a brief sound (sounds kinda like a beep). However, when I close XBMC and re-launch it, the dialog box in the bottom right pops up and then XBMC gets caught in a loop where the box goes away and then reappears. It does this indefinitely, all the while playing the beep sound.

I have tried performing a fresh reinstall of Ubuntu 9.04 and XBMC only as well as reloading all of the XBMC libraries with no success. I do note that by disabling the USB ports in the BIOS, which subsequently disables the logitech device, resolves the issue. I can open and close XBMC to my delight with no problems. It is my guess that there is an issue with the detection of the Logitech cordless device. Oo

This problem has existed since the installation of xUbuntu 9.04 and XBMC 9.04 (Babylon?). The update to the latest NVIDIA driver has not affected this issue in anyway.

On another side issue: the motherboard that I bought has an optical audio port that is not lighting up and so I cannot use digital audio. I am left using stereo from the computer's audio output port on the motherboard. I bought a splitter that splits it into the red and white RCA cables. For the devil of me, I cannot find any support on how to get it to work. I have confirmed that the optical audio is enabled in the BIOS, but beyond that its not working. Is it a problem with Linux compatibility? Can anyone help on this issue as well?

Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated! Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Potential XBMC bug0