At wits end..
log file http://pastebin.com/m73722179

I'm currently running build 23858, using the Aeon Hitcher mod on a windies xp SP3 Dell M90 laptop.

My problem after hours upon hours of searching and reading is getting my bloody movies into XBMC.

This is my process..

Click into Videos and add source, browse to external harddrive and folder containing movies in seperate folders. I then set the content, click on /run automated scan/use folder names for lookup/folder contains a single video..

Now a short and i mean short little text pops up that reads scanning i think.

Now when i go into the Movies 01 folder still within the video section, theres a list of my movies, no cover art no nothing, just a plain list of flicks. When i go into the Movies part of XBMC theres nothing. In order for me to get the movies from Videos into the Movies part of XBMC, i need to individually select each movie, right click on it and either select Scan for new information or Information. This process takes a few moments but now adds the movies to the Movies section, including the cover art, movie details & fan art and looks bloody great!

I knew this process should be automatic, but seeing as how you guys are a busy bunch of people with jobs etc i though, to hell with bothering you lot ill just sit here with a smoke and some beers and manually add the bloody movies... all 300 of em... took ages!

Finally after having them all added in from multiple sources and sussing out how to launch an external player and get 5.1 audio (im as bout as technically minded as a donkey) i was a happy convert to the church of XBMC..

Until i went to use it the next day and had to replug the usb drives into different ports, and when i went to watch a movie, the drive letter had now changed so XBMC no longer knows where that particular movie now is!!! AAAARRGGGG!!!

In my moment of maddness with the whole thing after the hours i had spent getting it up and running i uninstalled XBMC, then re-installed updated the build to the latest as off 28/10/09 and put Aeon Hitcher back on using the gitmothingy so that its the latest build and tried again hoping it would work this time... alas no it doesnt, same process is needed...

So after my rambling waffle here all i want to know is how to get XBMC to automatically add my movies using the set content which is clearly not working for me
If you have 300 movies why would you check the option that the folder only has one? Also, you should be able to set the USB drive to something higher, say x: so upon a disconnect and reconnect it will use the same letter.
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:If you have 300 movies why would you check the option that the folder only has one? Also, you should be able to set the USB drive to something higher, say x: so upon a disconnect and reconnect it will use the same letter.

I probably wrongly assumed that it meant that each movie folder contained only 1 file and not 2 files like CD1 & CD2 etc besides I've tried setting the contents and selecting either none, 1 or a combination of those i listed all to no effect..

As for the USB drive lettering.. can i manually set each of my drives to say X: Y: Z: etc... didnt know that
Bongo123 Wrote:As for the USB drive lettering.. can i manually set each of my drives to say X: Y: Z: etc... didnt know that

That's a windows setting, it will automatically mount a drive as the next free drive letter. There is a number of ways around this though. Have a look at http://www.ghacks.net/2008/03/28/assign-...-a-folder/
prae5 Wrote:That's a windows setting, it will automatically mount a drive as the next free drive letter. There is a number of ways around this though. Have a look at http://www.ghacks.net/2008/03/28/assign-...-a-folder/

thanks for that tip, will that work if the drives have been formatted to HFS+?? i sometimes take one of the externals upto my bedroom and watch a movie on it via the xbox360
Any advice? i really dont want to have to scan each and every movie back into my databaseNo
What have you tried? The debug log does not show a scan of your movie folders. Set the content on the parent folder and let it run a scan with debug mode enabled and then post th log.
-stoli-
Also, definitely untick "folder has a single video" as that WILL NOT help. A scan on a decent computer shouldn't take more than maybe five minutes. Have you tried doing this and scanning?

What format are most of your videos? mkv, avi, iso, or vob folders?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
At wits end..0