How to access Favorites from Music Folder
Hello,

this may seem a simple question, but I cannot figure out how to directly list my favourites when I am in the XBMC Music Menu. At the moment, I can only see my favourites from the home screen, but I want to access them from within the music menu. I can add files to favorites, but not see the favorites list. How to do that?

Thanks alot
You could add a key that launches it: http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/?title=Keymap.xml
or use a skin that has the option in the shutdown menu like Transparency!
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.
Thanks nicoli, this is a good tipp. Is there any chance to make the favourite songs appear like a normal music folder on my harddrive? I don't want the normal favorites folder, but instead a normal folderview containing only my favourite music.
For that you should just creat a playlist of you most perferred music.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Playlist
Can I add files directly to a playlist while they are playing?
If I understand what you are wanting to do correctly, (songs are playing, you come across one you really like, bring up context menu, >add song to plalist)

No, We can't currently do that as far as I know.

What you can do is que up your songs you like (the first will start playing), switch to the "now playing" screen and save the playlist from there.

Also, PMIIIHD and Transparency! have options for starting a playlist upon boot up.
Hi joe,

well this is not really what I want too, and I wonder if I really am the only user requesting this. I will explain how I usually listen to new music:

When I get a new bunch of songs, I copy them all to a directory that is accessible to my player application, say XBMC for example.then I play every song, fast forward a bit, and if I like one of them, I add them to some kind of list which I can then later send to my MP3 player. This is the way I work, for example with Winamp or Mediamonkey. So I was hoping to do something similar with XBMC, and I really still hope that someone can suggest me a way how to do that Smile
See the playlist editor.

Load up your directory, play them as you see fit, add it to the list on the right as you're going.

Save at the end.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to access Favorites from Music Folder0