[XBOX] Boolean Condition for FTP?
I wondered if it would be possible to implement this little feature which returns TRUE or FALSE depending on whether there is a connection via FTP?
^ Up ^
xbox only requests are useless. nobody's listening
spiff Wrote:xbox only requests are useless. nobody's listening

This are really bad news... No
how so? we announced with atlantis that xbox was dead. camelot won't even be released on xbox, atleast not by the team. what arnova does is his choice but it won't be team xbmc approved. just move on already.
Way to go Spiff - Arnova not part of the team then? good way of making him feel like its worth while..... Wink
^ stupid troll with absolutely no idea what he's on about. have you friggan talked to arnova? i have.
spiff Wrote:xbox only requests are useless. nobody's listening

I find this with Live! - atleast the Xbox users fall over themselve to help you! Linux/Live its more like if you dont know it your not in our gang! Angry
spiff Wrote:^ stupid troll with absolutely no idea what he's on about. have you friggan talked to arnova? i have.

Your actions are troll like!

No I havent spoken to Arnova but he's generally polite for starters.
Geeba Wrote:I find this with Live! - atleast the Xbox users fall over themselve to help you! Linux/Live its more like if you dont know it your not in our gang! Angry

Peace guys, peace, please... I'm very sad the huge movement that there is about the "xbox is dead" idea. I'm the first one that knows that is difficult to develop for it since i have tried with no results, but the fact is that i bought my xbox thanks to the xbmc, and see how it becomes deprecated is something annoying... The xbox can have one or more fights if the people help, but drop it now... Wait until GPU HD decompression, i have not money to get new hardware, please... :-D
so expressing the hard reality of stuff is troll like? right. i'm a troll then. sorry for not friggan sugar coating it and giving you false hopes!
spiff Wrote:so expressing the hard reality of stuff is troll like? right. i'm a troll then. sorry for not friggan sugar coating it and giving you false hopes!

I don't know the oppinions of Geeba, but my ones are that you are not a troll for say this since is the reality. The problem is that it's not the reality, the reality is that the vast mayority of the forum acts as the xbox platform is tabu and didn't existed, and this is the sad part Sad Xbox outdated? Difficult to develop? No doubt, but there are still people using it. I'm not talking about maintain an official version for the xbox (but sould), just maintain an active development at least as a now non-official trunk, it's all.

(Personal thinking: i don't know why there are several trunks... if there would be only one trunk with all the common code with big #ifdef or compilation config files as linux kernel does for example there should not be so difficult to maintain an updated xbox version... :-( )
we chose to ditch the xbox code when we ported to the other platforms. this for several reasons, the main one being none of us would ever test the codebase on the xbox. things don't automagically work on the platform (although it's somewhat close to win32). and alot of code simply won't run on xbox due to resource limitations (e.g. flag extraction).

ifdef spaghetti is a short road to unmaintainable code. the linux kernel only uses it where it has to, the rest is split in separate files for this very reason. we know, we have been there. this is partly the reason why the dx merge had so much repercussions; we had to redo gl as well to be sanely split in platform dependent modules.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBOX] Boolean Condition for FTP?0