Cached Thumbs
Question 
Hi all,

I've got a question about thumbnails. From the related wiki, I understand that xbmc caches thumbnails under: UserData\Thumbnails\ .

I had some scraping go wrong and I've ended up with an eroneous thumbnail on my TV Shows folder. I'd like to remove the .tbn from the cache and return my folder to it's origional appearance. However, I don't understand the naming conventions or directory structure of the cache folder. Consequently, I can't find the related .tbn to remove. The wiki says that files are named by CRC number of their path. Having Googled "CRC" number, I think I know what this means, but I can't find how to reveal the origional CRC number so that I can trace the .tbn in UserData\Thumbnails\.

Can someone provide a quick explanation / instruction to locate the required cached thumb?
One single thumb? Why can't you just "Get Thumb" from the video info dialog, or refresh the show in question?

If you really wish to clear out a specific thumb, the easiest way to do so is to browse to the thumbnails folder in the filemanager. You'll be able to click on them to view them fullscreen.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks Jon, it's a funny thing this. I've got two folders sitting under my source directory. "Movies" and "TV Shows". The rogue thubnail was attached to the "TV Shows" folder. I don't have anything in that folder that could have attached itself and,oddly, I don't even own the movie for the icon that was showing...... hence, I'm assuming that it appeared as a result of a scrape that went wrong.....

Now, I've managed to find the setting to show no icon at all by selecting "TV Show Information" from the context menu on the folder itself. However, when selection this option I was also offered an option to display information about a whole load of movies that I simply don't own.......complete set of thumbs, fanarts, etc, etc.

What do you suppose is going on here? More importantly how can I fix it? "Clear the library has no affect". In fact, I don't have the "feature" in library mode - only file mode.

Rob.
Polecat Wrote:Thanks Jon, it's a funny thing this. I've got two folders sitting under my source directory. "Movies" and "TV Shows". The rogue thubnail was attached to the "TV Shows" folder. I don't have anything in that folder that could have attached itself and,oddly, I don't even own the movie for the icon that was showing...... hence, I'm assuming that it appeared as a result of a scrape that went wrong.....

Now, I've managed to find the setting to show no icon at all by selecting "TV Show Information" from the context menu on the folder itself. However, when selection this option I was also offered an option to display information about a whole load of movies that I simply don't own.......complete set of thumbs, fanarts, etc, etc.

What do you suppose is going on here? More importantly how can I fix it? "Clear the library has no affect". In fact, I don't have the "feature" in library mode - only file mode.

Rob.

When you select info on a show that has no info xbmc will scrap the info for that show if it cant identify that show correctly it will show you a list in order for you to select the correct one

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cached Thumbs0