• 21(current)
[Web Interface Addon] [Eden] XWMM - XBMC Web Media Manager
d03j Wrote:Now for feature suggestions:
+ I know you are already working on controlling the xbmc scrapper - are you planning to include searching for fanart and posters?

I'm pretty sure he is working on manually inputting either a url or local media link for images, as well as the existing scrapers. Really excited about that!

Speaking of which - one of the things that frustrates me in my xbmc experience is the difficulty of manually adding fanart / artist/album info to items in my music collection.

Slash - I don't suppose you have any plans to incorporate editing of the Music library into your tool do you? (I'm keeping my fingers crossed because of the word media in XWMM Wink )
kiboy6 Wrote:I'm pretty sure he is working on manually inputting either a url or local media link for images, as well as the existing scrapers. Really excited about that!

Slash - I don't suppose you have any plans to incorporate editing of the Music library into your tool do you? (I'm keeping my fingers crossed because of the word media in XWMM Wink )

hey kiboy6,

I've already started to work on the music interface (yes it is in XWMM roadmap) Big Grin

I'm analyzing the the myMusic.db to figure out how to manage fanart, genres, artists, singles etc.

I'm also finishing the scraper controller (file section).

I just didn't have enough time to work on XWMM lately.

But you can still post feature requests and bug reports, I'll try to integrate them.

Thanks for your continuous support and help

/
slash Wrote:Thanks for your continuous support and help

/

Slash, Do you have a donations page as this project you are doing is great. I am very happy to give a couple of $.

Also do you have on your roadmap to be able to pick posters and fanarts from other sites like imdb, moviedb, impawards, movieposterdb, etc...
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
rflores2323 Wrote:Slash, Do you have a donations page as this project you are doing is great. I am very happy to give a couple of $.

Also do you have on your roadmap to be able to pick posters and fanarts from other sites like imdb, moviedb, impawards, movieposterdb, etc...

This is very kind of you :o.I don't know what to say .... well thanks.

I never thought of donations for XWMM may be I'll think of it once the tool will be more mature.

Although, I encourage you to advertise and suggest other to test or use XWMM. Wink

As for the Fanart support, it is already there for movies.
If you use the built-in XBMC scrapers, which are by the way very efficient, you can choose between different covers and fanart downloaded from imdb, impawards.

Personally, I use the internal XBMC scrapers and change the covers and fanart with XWMM.

In the short term, XWMM will support adding covers and Fanart from your workstation (upload images) and support for Tv Show as well.

Let me know.

/
slash Wrote:hey kiboy6,

I've already started to work on the music interface (yes it is in XWMM roadmap) Big Grin

I'm analyzing the the myMusic.db to figure out how to manage fanart, genres, artists, singles etc.

I'm also finishing the scraper controller (file section).

I just didn't have enough time to work on XWMM lately.

But you can still post feature requests and bug reports, I'll try to integrate them.

Thanks for your continuous support and help

/

Of course! I'm glad you think I'm helping-really i just feel I'm being greedy asking for additions to this already essential software.

I think there is a definite lack in the general user's XBMC experience for a lightweight easy way to manage your database. You tool does this so efficiently I really think that once complete you should submit it for inclusion in XBMC's bundled web interface. Have you considered that before?

Thank you so much for all your work on XWMM Big Grin
slash Wrote:This is very kind of you :o.I don't know what to say .... well thanks.

As for the Fanart support, it is already there for movies.
If you use the built-in XBMC scrapers, which are by the way very efficient, you can choose between different covers and fanart downloaded from imdb, impawards.

Personally, I use the internal XBMC scrapers and change the covers and fanart with XWMM.

/

how is this done currently? I am using the latest stable version and when I double click it brings up the poster and fanart dialog box however most of the time it says remote pic and doesn't download the poster or fanartso that I can view. How can I check several scrapers and choose?
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
rflores2323 Wrote:how is this done currently? I am using the latest stable version and when I double click it brings up the poster and fanart dialog box however most of the time it says remote pic and doesn't download the poster or fanartso that I can view. How can I check several scrapers and choose?

From XBMC interface :

- go in movies / files view
- select a subfolder where you have a movie without nfo file
- bring up the context menu and select : set content
- select content type movies and select a scraper (movie db for example)
- In settings and advanced settings select grab fanart from the sites you want.
- close the menus and from the main context menu select scan for new content

You should have the movie in your DB now and if you go into XWMM and double-click on the cover you should automatically see some choices to select.

Let me know the results.

The scaper selection part is work in progress in XWMM. Right now only the scan for new content is available but the plan is to do everything from XWMM and using the buit-in XBMC scraper.

/
slash Wrote:- unzip XWMM in the web folder (on ubuntu it in /usr/share/xbmc/web)
/

Is it possible to install in ~/.xbmc somewhere instead? (ubuntu)
slash Wrote:The scaper selection part is work in progress in XWMM. Right now only the scan for new content is available but the plan is to do everything from XWMM and using the buit-in XBMC scraper.

/

Where is the "scan for new content"? I can't find it. Also, would be nice to have an option of managing your sources, eg. add/edit/remove (or just 'rescan from scratch, to get rid of old data).

Also, a view on the "file level" would be very useful to me, possibly with options to rename/move/delete files as well. I sometimes get files in my collection that have completely wrong names, and XBMC (or any of the other media managers) just don't recognize them properly.

Are movie/show posters etc supposed to show at this time? I'm just getting the broken link image at the moment (using Chrome).

I'm quite exited about this project. I've been playing around with various media managers this weekend, and none of them seem to really work as per my expectation. This seems to be coming very close!

Some more ideas: automatic renaming of TV episodes, use custom search string to search IMDB etc. (after the scrapers are working of course; I had some movies that none of the media managers could find based on the filename, but with a bit of creative manual searching I could come up with the correct search string for IMDB). TV Show specials: Season 00 is the specials (eg Doctor Who!).

Sure I'll be able to come up with many more ideas if I play around with this a bit more. This'd be awesome for me to use while I'm abroad and I need to add new content to XBMC for my wife...

Usually I don't have much spare time, but this month I might actually be lucky. What skills do I need to help out on this? Used to be a pretty good programmer. Will have a look at what's in /usr/share/xbmc/web/XWMM...
Hi,

Here as a screenshot of the future music management section (not available yet)

As you can see it's not finished yet.

srv1973 Wrote:Where is the "scan for new content"? I can't find it. Also, would be nice to have an option of managing your sources, eg. add/edit/remove (or just 'rescan from scratch, to get rid of old data).

You need to use the XWMM svn version. If you right click on a folder you'll see it.
Managing sources requires the ability to write/change files on the server which is not allowed in JavaScript. But there is a work around with the XBMC HTTP API (file upload). Didn't have time to work on it yet

srv1973 Wrote:Also, a view on the "file level" would be very useful to me, possibly with options to rename/move/delete files as well. I sometimes get files in my collection that have completely wrong names, and XBMC (or any of the other media managers) just don't recognize them properly.

srv1973 Wrote:Are movie/show posters etc supposed to show at this time? I'm just getting the broken link image at the moment (using Chrome).

Yes they should, but tv show covers works only for XBMC with english language (the way the thumbs are calculated). It's in the bugs report.
Could you post the image property ?

srv1973 Wrote:I'm quite exited about this project. I've been playing around with various media managers this weekend, and none of them seem to really work as per my expectation. This seems to be coming very close!

Glad to hear that Cool

srv1973 Wrote:Some more ideas: automatic renaming of TV episodes, use custom search string to search IMDB etc. (after the scrapers are working of course; I had some movies that none of the media managers could find based on the filename, but with a bit of creative manual searching I could come up with the correct search string for IMDB). TV Show specials: Season 00 is the specials (eg Doctor Who!).
Nice suggestions, we will get there (hopefully) Wink

srv1973 Wrote:Usually I don't have much spare time, but this month I might actually be lucky. What skills do I need to help out on this? Used to be a pretty good programmer. Will have a look at what's in /usr/share/xbmc/web/XWMM...

Help is always welcomed. You need to:
- know/leran Javascript (which is not difficult)
- extjs framework lokk at http://www.extjs.com
- understand the xbmc http API and the new XBMC JSON-RPC API look in the wiki an the dev. forum

keep me posted, we could use a different forum for the dev discussions.
slash Wrote:Yes they should, but tv show covers works only for XBMC with english language (the way the thumbs are calculated). It's in the bugs report.
Could you post the image property ?

Code:
http://192.168.11.5:8081/XWMM/cache/Video/a/a4ff331f.tbn

Is that what you mean? Can't find anything else relevant except for the mime type (text/html) and the dimensions...
srv1973 Wrote:
Code:
http://192.168.11.5:8081/XWMM/cache/Video/a/a4ff331f.tbn

Is that what you mean? Can't find anything else relevant except for the mime type (text/html) and the dimensions...

Ah, if I double click it does show the images in the popup!
srv1973 Wrote:Is it possible to install in ~/.xbmc somewhere instead? (ubuntu)

unzip XWMM anywhere you like, then make a sim-link

Code:
sudo ln -s ~/.xbmc/web/XWMM /usr/share/xbmc/web/
rPi 2&3 | android phones | fireHD8 | linux | win10 + NFS NAS w/ mySQL + props to...
libreElecyatse, titan, AELflexGet, context.manageTags (a zosky original)
slash Wrote:Managing sources requires the ability to write/change files on the server which is not allowed in JavaScript. But there is a work around with the XBMC HTTP API (file upload). Didn't have time to work on it yet

Well, looking at the Wiki, there's basically FileCopy, FileDelete, FileExists, FileUpload. And I don't think that's enough. I think at least we need FileRename/Move as well (which depending on the platform might fail if you select a target that's on a different filesystem, but we can always add the restriction that you cannot move a file from one source to another).

GetMediaLocation() and GetDirectory() seem to be perfect for retrieving the full structure/contents of your video sources (all I'm interested in at the moment, although it doesn't seem to tell you whether a source is a TV or Movies source. Suppose you need to query the video database for that information.

Quote:keep me posted, we could use a different forum for the dev discussions.

Please let me know if you want to move this discussion somewhere else. I'm new to the XBMC community and don't know my way around the forums very well yet.

About how much I can help: I've got a background in C/C++ programming from university, mainly implementing algorithms and compilers, and an industry experience mainly revolving around writing interfaces and backend processes in Java, so not much GUI experience, certainly not with extjs. Had a look at the *.js files, and those [{ constructs remind me of trying to use structured data in Perl, which always confuses the heck out of me... But I can learn... just might need a few pointers.
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Web Interface Addon] [Eden] XWMM - XBMC Web Media Manager8