Making a Logitech Harmony 1000 work with XBMC Live 9.04.1
Hey everyone;
I've been searching around for an answer to this question but thought i would just ask it directly. How in the EFF do i get my harmony 1000 remote working with the XBMC. As you may have seen in my title, i am running XBMC Live 9.04.1 on a Acer Aspire Revo 3600.
It is installed to the hard drive, and i am having a hell of a time finding a proper IR Receiver. Seems nobody sells them anymore, but will that even work? Can i just use any old IR receiver and plug it in?
Is there some special codes or something that i will need to setup if i do get one? One of the ideas that i thought of might be to get a regular old MCE remote and then just "teach" the harmony its IR codes but this seems like a waste of money to me. Will this even work? Anyone have any ideas? The keyboard and mouse are fine, they just sorta ruin the media center integration which was the whole point of this little exercise for me. Big Grin
harmony remotes do have in the database a general profile for MCE remote emulation. You just need a receiver that is certified for MCE remotes.

imons like the Veris Basic from antec will work, but keep in mind that the imon receivers are proprietary in nature (imon remotes use a proprietary remote ir code structure).

Basically, stick to an MCE designed receiver and you should be able to get it working with intelliremote or girder software, or even just the driver that comes with it.
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Gigabyte MA78GM-U2SH Mainboard
ATI HD3200 Onboard
AMD 7750BE Dual-Core 4.00GB RAM
ATI HD3200 HDMI Sound
HTPC HMDI -> ONKYO TX-SR605 -> Panasonic TH-46PZ85U Plasma
Thanks for the info. Smile
Are there any receivers that you might recommend in particular? I did a quick search but didn't really find anything but a couple of sites that list 1 or 2 but have no price or availability...
You might be stuck buying a cheap remote/receiver combo, instead of just a receiver.
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Gigabyte MA78GM-U2SH Mainboard
ATI HD3200 Onboard
AMD 7750BE Dual-Core 4.00GB RAM
ATI HD3200 HDMI Sound
HTPC HMDI -> ONKYO TX-SR605 -> Panasonic TH-46PZ85U Plasma
joshuass Wrote:You might be stuck buying a cheap remote/receiver combo, instead of just a receiver.

Does any IR-reciever work? I currently have a crappy remote with IR-receiver (connected with USB and working fine) that came with my asus TV card, will that work with the Harmony 1000?
http://www.dealextreme.com/feedbacks/Bro.../sku.14380

just buy one of 'em

works well for me with the linux build though the 'mouse' keys are a little weird

to make it super quick and easy I taught my LH585 remote the 'up' down, left right commands from the remote, everything else just seemed to fall in place

works wonderfully, cheap too!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Making a Logitech Harmony 1000 work with XBMC Live 9.04.10