• 2(current)
XBMC Live 9.11 alpha1 released
I tested this lastest live, 9.11 alpha, and doesnt work on 2 pc.

It boots but it get stucked in the init and tell me that he founded a mounted device ( the usb removable disk that i used for xmbc live ) on /dev/sda. Something like this:

[10852.272668] scsi3 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass Storage devices
[10852.272784] usb-storage: device found at 6
[10852.272787] usb-storage: waiting for device to settle before scanning
[10857.272298] usb-storage: device scan complete
[10857.281896] scsi 3:0:0:0: Direct-Access HTC Android Phone 0100 PQ: 0 ANSI: 2
[10857.282413] sd 3:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg2 type 0
[10857.311891] sd 3:0:0:0: [sdb] Attached SCSI removable disk
[13519.040141] usb 4-2: USB disconnect, address 2

( is an example ).

After 2-3 minutes he jumps on busybox with initframs and here i cant do so much.

Any solution?
Very good release for an alpha! Thanks guys! Smile

Installed on my ASRock 330, and it's now booting much faster than the old Live install. And also CPU usage while idle went down from 30% to 15-20%, so that's good. Smile

A few "issues" encountered:

1. Partitioning and formatting took a loooong time.
2. Accessing SMB shares from within XBMC doesn't work.
3. Some settings are gone, e.g. flatten tv shows (as far as I can see)

Be careful if upgrading to the newer Grub version after an apt-get update/apt-get upgrade. It might overwrite grub.cfg making auto-login stop working, so make a backup of it first.
I think I can concur with this one...

I have an external NTFS HDD - which I use to test the XBMC Live with - on previous versions - when you plugged it in - it automatically detected it.

on the new "Live" Alpha build - it doesn't Sad

Token78 Wrote:Just discovered that XBMClive doesn't recognise HFS+ (mac) partitions.

I had been usinng XBMC thru a normal Ubuntu Jaunty install & using HFS formated USB sticks to move files accross or watch movies.
What's even more awesome is that Snow Leopard doesnt seem to want to play with ext2. Bugger.

UPDATE: NTFS formatted USB stick also NOT recognised...
argle!

HELP!
I have xbmc on 2 different PCConfused but the same crash appear on both anyone else that have this problem?

1. "XBMC 9.11 Alpha Built on Nov 5 2009 (SVN:24283)"
2. "Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala x86
3. "x86"
4. "PPA"
5. "R24283"
6. When I try to start a video, .vob or a DVD-iso XBMC crash... think it's only mpeg, because tv-episodes in xvid .avi work fine.
7. Debug Log - http://pastebin.com/d3449eed0
8. Crashlog - http://pastebin.com/m434b836a
I tried alpha1 today and I have the same problem as I have had for any SVN above 22528 that I have tried. The CPU is at 100% just having XBMC started.

For example, when I start XBMC it takes like a minute before I can see any text from the RSS feed. If I try to shut it down it takes a minute to do so (navigation to shutdown and selecting it).

I have tried with a fresh ~/.xbmc/ directory.

thnov@mistik:~$ lsb_release -rd
Description: Ubuntu 9.10
Release: 9.10
thnov@mistik:~$ apt-cache policy xbmc
xbmc:
Installed: 9.11~alpha1-karmic1
Candidate: 9.11~alpha1-karmic1
Version table:
*** 9.11~alpha1-karmic1 0
500 http://ppa.launchpad.net karmic/main Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

CPU0: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.60GHz stepping 09
Memory: 1793816k/1834944k available (4565k kernel code, 39828k reserved, 2143k data, 540k init, 925640k highmem)

http://paste.ubuntu.com/312796/

Edit: Found a thread about this exact issue, http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=59031
this got my digital sound working i think it is using the spdif through hdmi but who knows i have optical analog and spdif through hdmi all hooked up and spent weeks trying to get it to work. but with this build it works
6 XBMC SYSTEMS
2 Old Xboxes
=8 XBMC clients
So I seem to be having problems with the Live ISO and unetbootin. I'm not too familiar with this so bare with me.

I used unetbootin to install it to a usb drive. I then open the syslinux.cfg file change the cd to usb and I get this:

Code:
default vesamenu.c32
prompt 0
menu title UNetbootin
timeout 100

label unetbootindefault
menu label Default
kernel /ubnkern
append initrd=/ubninit

Is this correct? When I boot the drive grub only shows one option "Default". Do I need to copy something over to replace this file?
First post here Big Grin

Some bugs that I've found in this release:

1) Samba doesn't work: it says that the fuction is not implemented
2) Automount: this is a weird bug. I remove the "nodiskmount" string from grub but all of them that i've tried (one fat32 and one ntfs) only works (= they are really mount) if they are plugged before I power up the system. Moreover if I restart (not shutdown and re-powerup) the system they don't result mounted anymore. <<<----- FIXED WITH THIS

My system: Asrock Ion 330
Quote:1) read the other answer.

topfs2, Sorry about not attaching the logs.
Here they are:
http://pastebin.com/m194292db

1) NTFS usb disk attached but does not mount. (it does mount if attached before boot)
2) DVD iso opened. Only the start sequence is played. Then it hang with a strange dot.
3) Physical DVD inserted and pressed play button. Does not play.
4) Still have a one minute hang after I select the boot option before the screen is released and the booting starts. I guess this log will not show that though.

I also tested SMB since I read that someone else had problem. It works fine on Live Alpha.
I just updated to the latest build (9.11 alpha 1 r24283) and xbmc is no longer able to play any NON-HD content. It just crashes and restarts itself.

System: Asrock 330 ION
Drivers: I've tryed with 185.x nvidia and now even with 190.x, same outcome.

Linux XBMCLive 2.6.28-11-generic #42-Ubuntu SMP Fri Apr 17 01:57:59 UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux

Code:
(T: XBMCLive)root@XBMCLive:~/.xbmc/temp# dpkg -l |grep nvidia
ii  nvidia-190-kernel-source             190.42-0ubuntu1~karmic~nvidiavdpauppa2 NVIDIA binary kernel module source
ii  nvidia-190-libvdpau                  190.42-0ubuntu1~karmic~nvidiavdpauppa2 Video Decode and Presentation API for Unix
ii  nvidia-glx-190                       190.42-0ubuntu1~karmic~nvidiavdpauppa2 NVIDIA binary Xorg driver
ii  nvidia-settings                      180.25-0ubuntu1                        Tool of configuring the NVIDIA graphics driv

Code:
ii  libass-dev                           0.9.6-1xbmc1                           development files for libass
ii  libass3                              0.9.6-1xbmc1                           library for SSA/ASS subtitles rendering
ii  usplash-theme-xbmc-pulsating-logo    1.0                                    XBMC Usplash theme for Ubuntu (Pulsating Log
ii  xbmc                                 9.11~alpha1-jaunty1                    The Full XBMC meta package
ii  xbmc-common                          9.11~alpha1-jaunty1                    XBMC common package
ii  xbmc-eventclients-common             9.11~alpha1-jaunty1                    XBMC Event Client Common package
ii  xbmc-eventclients-dev                9.11~alpha1-jaunty1                    XBMC Event Client Dev package
ii  xbmc-eventclients-j2me               9.11~alpha1-jaunty1                    XBMC Event Client J2ME package
ii  xbmc-eventclients-ps3                9.11~alpha1-jaunty1                    XBMC Event Client PS3 package
ii  xbmc-eventclients-wiiremote          9.11~alpha1-jaunty1                    XBMC Event Client for WII Remote support
ii  xbmc-live                            9.11~alpha1-jaunty1                    The XBMC live package.
ii  xbmc-scripts-example                 9.11~alpha1-jaunty1                    XBMC default scripts package
ii  xbmc-scripts-supported               0.2-ppa1                               XBMC supported scripts
ii  xbmc-skin-amped                      0.1-2ppa1                              XBMC Amped Skin
ii  xbmc-skin-backrow                    0.1-2ppa1                              XBMC Back-Row Skin
ii  xbmc-skin-basics-vision              0.1-2ppa1                              XBMC Basics-Vision Skin
ii  xbmc-skin-basics101                  0.1-2ppa1                              XBMC Basics-101 Skin
ii  xbmc-skin-ceomr                      0.1-2ppa1                              XBMC CEOMR Skin
ii  xbmc-skin-clearity                   0.1-2ppa1                              XBMC Clearity Skin
ii  xbmc-skin-containment                0.1-2ppa1                              XBMC Containment Skin
ii  xbmc-skin-mc360                      0.1-2ppa1                              XBMC MC360 Skin
ii  xbmc-skin-mediastream                0.2-ppa1                               XBMC MediaStream skin 0.97
ii  xbmc-skin-mint                       0.1-2ppa1                              XBMC Mint Skin
ii  xbmc-skin-pdm                        0.1-2ppa1                              XBMC PDM Skin
ii  xbmc-skin-pm3                        9.11~alpha1-jaunty1                    XBMC Project Mahem III skin package
ii  xbmc-skin-pm3-hd                     9.11~alpha1-jaunty1                    XBMC PM3 HD skin package
ii  xbmc-skin-vision                     0.1-2ppa1                              XBMC Vision Skin
ii  xbmc-skin-xtv                        0.1-2ppa1                              XBMC xTV Skin
ii  xbmc-standalone                      9.11~alpha1-jaunty1                    The XBMC Standalone package
ii  xbmc-web-pm3                         9.11~alpha1-jaunty1                    XBMC Webserver Project Mahem III skin packag

All HD content (mkv 720p 1080p) playes just fine, however, any DVDrip, (divx, xvid) etc crashes at start. It doesnt matter if file is on local harddrive or streamed via network.

If i change Settings->Video->Player from VDPAU to Software, SD content plays OK. So it seems to have something to do with VDPAU.

Is this known issue, or is it time to create a ticket?
Is there any reason why the main PPA updated to the alpha? I don't have the daily-build PPAs enabled on my box (Jaunty), only the stable one and I ran my update manager and it installed the alpha (SVN 24283). This is all well and good, except I've lost use of my DVD drive and XBMC crashes at random moments where it didn't before.

Is there anyway to downgrade to babylon stable? I looked at the package info in Synaptic and it seems like if I uninstall/reinstall I'll just get 9.11 alpha 1 again Huh
vikjon0 Wrote:topfs2, Sorry about not attaching the logs.
Here they are:
http://pastebin.com/m194292db

1) NTFS usb disk attached but does not mount. (it does mount if attached before boot)
2) DVD iso opened. Only the start sequence is played. Then it hang with a strange dot.
3) Physical DVD inserted and pressed play button. Does not play.
4) Still have a one minute hang after I select the boot option before the screen is released and the booting starts. I guess this log will not show that though.

I also tested SMB since I read that someone else had problem. It works fine on Live Alpha.

1) should hopefully be fixed with removables in SVN now.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
nanny07 Wrote:First post here Big Grin

Some bugs that I've found in this release:

1) Samba doesn't work: it says that the fuction is not implemented
2) Automount: this is a weird bug. I remove the "nodiskmount" string from grub but all of them that i've tried (one fat32 and one ntfs) only works (= they are really mount) if they are plugged before I power up the system. Moreover if I restart (not shutdown and re-powerup) the system they don't result mounted anymore. <<<----- FIXED WITH THIS

My system: Asrock Ion 330

I'm using SMB and I don't have any issues. My file-server is running Linux though,so don't know if your problem is related to a Windows server ?

I do have problems with xbmc crashing when I try to enable the 'sync to display' feature,but that's another story .
How do I create a bootable USB stick? The old method of editing syslinux.cfg doesn't appear to work anymore as the options aren't there they appear to be in grub.cfg
2 Issues I've noticed, no debug logs yet:

Samba browsing doesn't work, typed in names and shares do work though.

Can't connect to TvHeadend. The TvHeadend Webpage is accessible and works well finding all channels, but xbmc doesn't connect.

Anyone else finding this?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live 9.11 alpha1 released0