Does XBMC Live support any remotes "out of the box"?
I'm thinking of buying a Asrock ION 330 box and installing XBMC Live onto it. The goal is to create something that doesn't require lots of work to put together or configure. Therefore I was wondering if XBMC Live supports any remotes "out of the box"? If it does, which ones? If it doesn't which ones are easiest to get working under XBMC Live?

Thanks,
Harry
The easiest ones are the MCE (Windows Media Center) remotes. Such as the Philips. I don't remember it's product code, but as far as I know Philips only made one Windows Media Center Remote "Certified for Windows Vista/7"

However, any "Windows Media Center Certified" Remote Control should work out of the box. But: beware of some of the cheap China Junk - allegedly some people have problems with those.
The Logitech Dinovo mini works very well out of the box with Ubuntu and XBMC. It's a bit pricey but gives you a mouse and full keyboard in a palm sized package.
I have the MCE remote and it works out of the box with XBMC:

MCE remotes are pre-configured, but every remote supported by lirc can be used after reconfiguration with:

Code:
sudo dpkg-reconfigure lirc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Does XBMC Live support any remotes "out of the box"?0