No luck with Asrock ION330 & XBMC Live 9.11 alpha1
I have tried to install the new build to my USB stick and everything goes as it should but the system never boots to the stick. I just get a flashing cursor. Have attempted the install 6 times with the same results. I was using Babylon Live with no issues. Guess I should have backed it up first. Bios is set to boot to USB Drive. Even if I choose to change boot order at post and choose the USB Thumb drive I get the same results. Going back to Babylon.

Anyone else care to comment on the experiences with the new Alpha & the Asrock Ion330 ?

Regards,
Work flawlessly. But I don't use XBMC Live.
Have you tried booting from the CD? I would give it a shot before moving back.
CD Works fine.
I even tried UNetbootin. Once created you are to edit the syslinux.cfg and change bood=cd to boot=usb. When I open the config file I don't even see and boot= Huh
Got Babylon Live back on the same USB drive without any issues or changing anything.
My Asrock 330 would boot the 9.11a1 live cd just fine, but when I installed to my flash drive, it would just sit at a black screen after grub.

Tried to reinstall twice, no dice. Went back to the older livecd.
Ditto !
I am testing the alpha live from USB on Asrock ION 330. It boot fine, but with delay.
Danimal Wrote:I even tried UNetbootin. Once created you are to edit the syslinux.cfg and change bood=cd to boot=usb. When I open the config file I don't even see and boot= Huh
Same here. Not sure what's happening! Any suggestions?
changing boot= was related to previous versions, the latest uses a different initramfs script and you don't have to edit the kernel parameters at all.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No luck with Asrock ION330 & XBMC Live 9.11 alpha10